Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 19, 2014
Queens, NY
Name: Josh Saunders
Joined Club: 07/10/2014
Position: Goalkeeper
Number: 12

Acquired via Free Transfer from Real Salt Lake.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Saunders
MLS Stats: http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/josh-saunders

BsMDix3CAAAXh6J.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and Drainyoo
He was a decent GK but I am doubtful he is the starting GK you want come March. He'll probably be a backup.

What was deal with him before 2011? Why didn't he play much?

He was the starter at LA from 2009 until 2012. He shared it in 2009/2010 with Donovan Ricketts.

TBH I would have rather signed Bill Gaudette now that I think about it. Anyone watch that puerto rico vs spain game couple years back? Gaudette was exceptional.

Reactions: Paul
TBH I would have rather signed Bill Gaudette now that I think about it. Anyone watch that puerto rico vs spain game couple years back? Gaudette was exceptional.

I saw that match and was thoroughly impressed by Gaudette. BTW, Saunders is a member of Puerto Rico's team and Gaudette is ahead of him in the GK pecking order. I think Saunders only has a few caps with PR as well.

Just a reminder guys, lets keep the discussion on topic. If you'd like to talk about other goalkeepers you can either start a new thread or use any of the already existing threads.

MagnusPax MagnusPax Could you post the highlight vid here so that a mod can put it in the first post? That way anytime there's a new addition to the squad and we make a "getting to know" thread there's a highlight vid especially for the less known guys.

Josh Saunders [San Antonio Scorpions, NASL] Fall Season.
07/26 against Tampa Bay Rowdies. A 2-0 victory.
He played the whole game, was tested several occasions.
Highlights here:
San Antonio Scorpions, current leaders of the NASL Fall Season, will play Edmonton FC on 08/03..

Jeb Brovsky
[Strømsgodset, Norway].
07/26 against Sandnes Ulf. A 3-1 win.
He was sub in at 76'.
Strømsgodset is 2nd on the Eliteserien table and is playing Sogndal on 08/02.