Kreis Out? Per Shep, It's Being Discussed Internally.

I'm going to have to surf around to see if I can find it, but I'm positive when MLS first announced back in 2013 that NYCFC was joining the league, Messing went on one of those douchebag "There's no need for a second team in NYC, because there isn't any authentic, organic, grassroots movement to get one" rants. He had no problems using the usual half assed references to Manchester City that you saw tossed all over the place back then.

He wasn't as pissed that we were going to do something the NJRB couldn't do in 20 years (get the city all hopped up on MLS), but were going to be the death knell for the Cosmos.

EDIT

meh, couldn't find shit. But to be fair to Messing I did come across an article where he lets it be known he doesn't care for corporations owning teams, because it's not organic........but it was more a shot at Red Bull than MCFC.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/the-battle-for-new-york-cash-corporations-and-soccer

Oh you mean the guy that works as an analyst for MSG during Red Bulls games and does color commentary for the Cosmo's network One World Sports is going to be bias against us?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: BxLio91 and Kjbert
OMG!!!!
ARE WE THAT DESPERATE??????

That desperate for something to talk about on here? Not sure if that's what you meant but for me with this season being all but over....love this team have watched pretty much every minute but very hard to have any enthusiasm right now. Between the Euro leagues, NFL and NHL having started ...Just read to call this season quite recharge and have my head in the right place for them again in March

Reactions: TabascoDiva
As the creator of the #KreisOut hashtag, I would like to see him removed for a number of reasons.

That being said, there are worse choices than Jason. I don't think Sigi Schmid is a good choice. Porter, Petke - all poor choices.

There is really only one good MLS coach and it is Bruce Arena. The rest of them suck. Jason is near the top of the 2nd Tier. My issues with him are around his inability to manage a team of stars and deal with New York fans.
Including the teams that kicked our asses this year? Wow, 19 suck coaches. What a terrible league we find ourselves in.

Yes. I think Bruce Arena, right now, is the only guy worth paying the dollars to. Olson, Heaps, Berhalter - all have had success recently. But so did Kreis. You need to be able to manage in New York. You need to be able to handle the scrutiny. You need to have an ego and charisma.

Yes. I think Bruce Arena, right now, is the only guy worth paying the dollars to. Olson, Heaps, Berhalter - all have had success recently. But so did Kreis. You need to be able to manage in New York. You need to be able to handle the scrutiny. You need to have an ego and charisma.
Bruce Arena is a pipe dream, he likes LA too much. Look up the video of Gerrard meeting his teammates for the first time and listen to what Bruce says to him.

Reactions: Kjbert
Every coach looks great with better players. Arena has had the best players by far since hes been at Galaxy, and the league bends over backwards to get him more players at needed. How the fuck does a team wrking within MLS rules get Gerrard, Keane, Dos Santos and Lletget, Omar Gonzalez, Zardes, and rogers.

Same with Kreis in RSL, he had a great team. Now he doesn't and he looks clueless. Coaching, to me, isn't about wins, its getting more out of your players than expected. For me, Marsch is coach of the year this year, since he made RBNJ a top team after losing Henry, when many thought they would fall back to the pack.

Kreis has gotten less from his players (Mix, Poku...) than expected. To me, that's a bad job.

2009984351.jpg

Not so sure we should consider this guy a long term fit. He is extremely out of shape, and if I remember correctly he recently missed a couple matches for health reasons.
Not defending him because I don't know him, but many NFL coaches are out of shape and i don't see positive correlation between their fitness or winning. So one data point against your theory :)

Every coach looks great with better players. Arena has had the best players by far since hes been at Galaxy, and the league bends over backwards to get him more players at needed. How the fuck does a team wrking within MLS rules get Gerrard, Keane, Dos Santos and Lletget, Omar Gonzalez, Zardes, and rogers.

Same with Kreis in RSL, he had a great team. Now he doesn't and he looks clueless. Coaching, to me, isn't about wins, its getting more out of your players than expected. For me, Marsch is coach of the year this year, since he made RBNJ a top team after losing Henry, when many thought they would fall back to the pack.

Kreis has gotten less from his players (Mix, Poku...) than expected. To me, that's a bad job.
well said, bro!

Reactions: Christopher Jee

Not easy to coach a team of stars.

Not easy to coach a team of stars.

This is a great point. I don't think you can compare coaching NYCFC to any previous or current MLS coaching situations. Even if you throw the typical NYC coaching pressures out the window, try to name 1 current or former MLS coach that has had to coach three players of the stature of Villa, Lampard and Pirlo? Add in players like Iraola who played elite european soccer along with Angelino and Facey who came up through the ranks in a elite european development system and this team looks nothing like any MLS team in history. Even Mix is a european guy obviously not the same pedigree as the others but still. I'm not a member of the Kreis out crowd, not happy with him but I think he deserves another year. But if/when it becomes time to find a new coach I'm not sure the "we need an big time MLS guy, hopefully Bruce Arena" logic works with this club. If we maintain this make up I would argue that we need a guy familiar with how to get the best out of top flight trained european plays with the ability to develop our others players a secondary factor.

That desperate for something to talk about on here? Not sure if that's what you meant but for me with this season being all but over....love this team have watched pretty much every minute but very hard to have any enthusiasm right now. Between the Euro leagues, NFL and NHL having started ...Just read to call this season quite recharge and have my head in the right place for them again in March

I refer that Shepp Messing is not one of my favorite commentators. He sometimes says things that I find objectionable or brash. In my book he is not someone that can be an ambassador of the sport. Better reps for the team / sport can be found.
And I agree with you on the love part and the diminished enthus for the remainder of the season, but I will be at the stadium on the 25th cheering them on and saying goodbaye until next year. Hasta la vista babies!

USMNT coach with success. European success.

And we end up with a guy who probably Lucked out by having a brilliant sporting director while at RSL.

Initially my impulse was to agree with you but upon reflection, I agree with you that it has to be someone with ego and charisma. Certainly Arena has ego but he lacks charisma. In our town we need someone that has Charisma with a capital C that can charm and engage the media.
Arena as USA coach never gave an interview to Telemundo, Univison, El Diario la Prensa. NYC has a huge Hispanic population within varied ethnic groups and our sport god is Futbol . It would be interesting to know how many come to NYCFC home games, and how many are season tickets holders. Many may disagree with me but the American press or TV: The New York Post, The Daily News, NYT, ESPN barely looks our futbol way unless its something huge.
I agree too, 100% that that coach has to be American. Who can that coach be is tough.
I was a Metrostar fan from the beggining too and it was a heartache to see world class coaches starting with Carlos Alberto Parreira were all failed experiment. I have a very unlikely candidate Steve Sampson. He took the USA to Copa America with great results. He has a lot of charm and was never afraid to talk to the media. Hispanic press loved him.