Leagues Cup - August 5 - Cincinnati (Away)

All four FCC goals scored by subs. What a joke, FCC literally punted the first 75 minutes of the game and won easily.

Most likely now NYCFC is going to Gillette, can we please just forfeit 3-0 and save the knees and hamstrings from the inevitable 1-2 injuries that will torpedo the rest of the MLS season.

The FO was staring at its “we won’t play at RBA again” mantra and slipped a message to Barazza at about the 75 minute mark. Crisis averted.

Reactions: CCMore
Well, that -- what's the technical term? Oh ... I remember now ... sucked. The only saving grace is, it wasn't league play. But we're not winning another MLS Cup unless we find our killer instinct.

I'd like to never see Barraza between the sticks again.

should he have made the saves? maybe. but i'd point to the very poor defending before i pointed to barraza. first two goals we gave up, ilenic was asleep or halfass defending. those two goals wouldn't happen with gray still on the pitch. 3rd goal, martins and risa fell asleep, and let a small forward sneak between them, receive a pass, turn, and shoot before either of them could react. how the fuck does that happen?

4th goal i didn't even watch cause i was already fed up but at that point it was a total collapse.

ilenic was terrible the moment he came onto the pitch. didn't give anything going forward either.

looks like we'll play 1 game and out next round, so at least we'll have time to work on attempting a push into the playoffs, but losing like that is fucking embarrassing.

I'd like to never see Barraza between the sticks again.
He wasn’t great last week and earned too much credit for a shootout victory when there was already a miss. There has to be a better backup option.

The first goal was a decently placed shot, but 4 goals from 1.9 xG - and 4 shouts outside the box - doesn’t cut it.

Ilenic wasn’t great either, and Risa was erratic, but the Haak/Parks combination deserves the most heat after the keeper. There was a gaping hole where all their goals were taken, right where a 6 should control. The last goal was a breakaway, but the others came from this void that Sands left and Haak/Parks never reoccupied.

should he have made the saves? maybe. but i'd point to the very poor defending before i pointed to barraza. first two goals we gave up, ilenic was asleep or halfass defending. those two goals wouldn't happen with gray still on the pitch. 3rd goal, martins and risa fell asleep, and let a small forward sneak between them, receive a pass, turn, and shoot before either of them could react. how the fuck does that happen?

4th goal i didn't even watch cause i was already fed up but at that point it was a total collapse.

ilenic was terrible the moment he came onto the pitch. didn't give anything going forward either.

looks like we'll play 1 game and out next round, so at least we'll have time to work on attempting a push into the playoffs, but losing like that is fucking embarrassing.
You are correct with everything here. But the first goal is 20 yards out and beats him at the near post. And it was a very near, near post.

He wasn’t great last week and earned too much credit for a shootout victory when there was already a miss. There has to be a better backup option.

The first goal was a decently placed shot, but 4 goals from 1.9 xG - and 4 shouts outside the box - doesn’t cut it.

Ilenic wasn’t great either, and Risa was erratic, but the Haak/Parks combination deserves the most heat after the keeper. There was a gaping hole where all their goals were taken, right where a 6 should control. The last goal was a breakaway, but the others came from this void that Sands left and Haak/Parks never reoccupied.
You are correct with everything here. But the first goal is 20 yards out and beats him at the near post. And it was a very near, near post.
I'm a ditto on both of these, all the way.

fair. he didn't get fingers on any of those shots and none of them were real bangers.

There was blame to share, but the bulk must be on Barraza. At this level a keeper cannot cede 4 goals from 1.9 xG…from 4 shots outside the box.

Reactions: moogoo

agree. haak had a poor game, i thought. he made poor decisions and kept the ball when he should have made the simple pass. defending was youth level at best. it was hard to walk. without sands on the pitch, haak and parks combo is weak. parks it not a strong defender and rarely backtracks hard enough to make a strong tackle. the subs created gaping holes with weak defending while cinci's subs brought on their better attackers.

I think it's no longer a blip or dip in form-- Parks has been off it for most of the season. I think it's mental rather than physical. Not sure what's going on but it's a huge problem, with Maxi aging out we are way short on attacking/creative midfield options.

Jovan scored his first goal in game play. That was fun. Kevin is back, seems rusty but coming back. Maxi is our best player which is great but also concerning. And Freeze is actually our best player. He should always be between the sticks. I saw Haak have an excellent dribble through pressure moment which looked cool in the moment. We gotta love offside making the misery only 4-2 instead of 5-2. That’s about all the positives I can think of.

Oh and no one looks good with neon green hair.

I think it's no longer a blip or dip in form-- Parks has been off it for most of the season. I think it's mental rather than physical. Not sure what's going on but it's a huge problem, with Maxi aging out we are way short on attacking/creative midfield options.

lack of sleep from new child most likely. ha

Reactions: Kenny

Absolutely correct. I don’t rate Barrazza at all, but the first two goals were firmly on our worst defender, Ilenic. He’s the new Matarrita. He occasionally looks exciting going forward but is absolutely incapable of defending. He’s a disaster. Neither of those happens with Gray on the pitch.

As for the third, Risa had a brain cramp, which happens a bit too often.

Huicho didn’t have much of a chance on all but the first, which I think Freese MIGHT have gotten to. Blaming him is a lazy take though.

Glad this one doesn’t mean much. I hope Nick will take the lesson that Tayvon and Mac should go 90 every week.

Sad part is that we looked great for large swaths. Santi and Maxi looked untouchable, Mac is top class (enjoy it while it lasts), and Haak low key had a very good match. Also Jovan took a step forward (when did he acquire that shiner?).

agree. haak had a poor game, i thought. he made poor decisions and kept the ball when he should have made the simple pass. defending was youth level at best. it was hard to walk. without sands on the pitch, haak and parks combo is weak. parks it not a strong defender and rarely backtracks hard enough to make a strong tackle. the subs created gaping holes with weak defending while cinci's subs brought on their better attackers.
Completely disagree on Haak. I thought he worked well out of pressure until Keaton came on.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
I’m unclear on the rules for advancing out of the group. Both Querétaro and NYCFC have 0 W, 1 D and 1 L, yet somehow we have 2 points while Querétaro has 1 point with an identical record? And our goal difference is worse? But we’re going through and they’re not?
Did we get the extra point for having more Goals Scored? That’s a new one.
1722915929308.png