Leagues Cup - July 26 - Toronto (RBA)

NYCFC is now a perfect 5-0-0 on July 26 all time, by a cumulative score of 18-8. This is the second time they scored 5 goals, and the second win against Toronto. Toronto is now tied with Orlando for most losses to NYCFC on July 26.

Thank you for listening to NYCFC July 26 Facts™.
We should make a Mick Jagger Tifo (7/26 being his birthday)

Reactions: mgarbowski
This team needed a game like that in the worst way. Hopefully the dam breaking is the start of a little less tense play. It's almost like they needed to be reminded that they really are good enough.

Also: Why are we booing and catcalling Sean Johnson? I know he left in free agency, but he won MLS Cup for us and was our captain. It sucks he left in free agency, but .... we should be applauding and cheering him, not booing and catcalling him.

This team needed a game like that in the worst way. Hopefully the dam breaking is the start of a little less tense play. It's almost like they needed to be reminded that they really are good enough.

Also: Why are we booing and catcalling Sean Johnson? I know he left in free agency, but he won MLS Cup for us and was our captain. It sucks he left in free agency, but .... we should be applauding and cheering him, not booing and catcalling him.
As a legend, you just cannot go to njrb, Philly, ne, or Toronto. Anywhere else I think we wouldn't care as much.

That's being said, if I was in that stadium I would apllaud him and thank him for all he's done... But still it's mixed feelings for me.

As a legend, you just cannot go to njrb, Philly, ne, or Toronto. Anywhere else I think we wouldn't care as much.

That's being said, if I was in that stadium I would apllaud him and thank him for all he's done... But still it's mixed feelings for me.

I would have applauded him, too. The guy is an absolute club legend for what he did on December 11, 2021. Chanting "F-U Johnson" is way, way over the line.

Reactions: Shwafta

Some don’t like he went to Toronto for just a few thousand more than what nycfc offered. Others didn’t like that he said he preferred playing in soccer stadium instead of yankee stadium.

I would have applauded him, too. The guy is an absolute club legend for what he did on December 11, 2021. Chanting "F-U Johnson" is way, way over the line.
Yeah, chanting that at him is just pointless and immature.

I wouldn't boo him, but I understand those that do want to boo him. But chanting "F U" at him? Come on.

Reactions: moogoo and Shwafta

I wouldn't boo him, but I understand those that do want to boo him. But chanting "F U" at him? Come on.
Yeah, that's ridiculous and those fans should be ashamed. The guy is a club legend, and will be remembered as such. I hope his judgement of his time here isn't clouded by those moments last night.

...that being said, it was a great feeling watching us put 5 behind him lol

It’s not even a close call - SJ should have received a hero’s welcome, at least initially, especially this soon. Boos in the context of the game become fine, but intentionally jeering him every time he touched the ball, and further cursing at him was horrible.

at least it wasn't a pig head?

kidding aside.. thought it was overboard. i wasn't happy he went to tfc either, but i wouldn't have cursed at him.

Reactions: SoupInNYC