Leagues Cup - July 28 - Querétaro (Home - YS)

Putting this here though it goes beyond the game.

Not sure if this was discussed in another thread, but is anyone else missing the Leagues Cup game tickets within the app?

Related, does anyone else have past games still iisted in the app (e.g., Portland)?

I am tempted to delete the app and reinstall it but figured I'd check first to see if it is a known issue.

Putting this here though it goes beyond the game.

Not sure if this was discussed in another thread, but is anyone else missing the Leagues Cup game tickets within the app?

Related, does anyone else have past games still iisted in the app (e.g., Portland)?

I am tempted to delete the app and reinstall it but figured I'd check first to see if it is a known issue.
I have this issue and mentioned it a bit earlier in the thread. For some reason my tickets are listed under “return/exchange”. If you click on the Leagues Cup game the ticket/bar code for entry will show up. Not sure why the ticket is not in the proper section, but it’s in there nonetheless!

I have this issue and mentioned it a bit earlier in the thread. For some reason my tickets are listed under “return/exchange”. If you click on the Leagues Cup game the ticket/bar code for entry will show up. Not sure why the ticket is not in the proper section, but it’s in there nonetheless!
I deleted the app and reinstalled. It fixed the issue. Maybe it will help you too.

As always, turning it off and on again is the solution.

(only matched by banging the side of it)

Apparently, we're playing the worst team in the tournament

guaranteed nick will throw us into a defensive shape then.

i checked that yesterday. I'm bringing a friend of mine to the game... so I hope it's a good game LOL.

guaranteed nick will throw us into a defensive shape then.
That's not how it works at all. He goes defensive mostly just because we're on the road and also sometimes when he otherwise lacks confidence. It's not good - in fact it's bad -- but it's not insane and irrational. In the last 3 home games against teams on the lower end of the standings we scored 11 goals. That's when Nick let's his hair down, so to speak.

That's not how it works at all. He goes defensive mostly just because we're on the road and also sometimes when he otherwise lacks confidence. It's not good - in fact it's bad -- but it's not insane and irrational. In the last 3 home games against teams on the lower end of the standings we scored 11 goals. That's when Nick let's his hair down, so to speak.

wasn't being serious. :)

Yeah -- if Queretaro really is that bad, we're going to try to put on a show on Sunday. I have full faith in that.

Yeah -- if Queretaro really is that bad, we're going to try to put on a show on Sunday. I have full faith in that.

I hope that we set up offensively with some combination of young guys and Magno to start the game. Something like this would be interesting to watch:

--------------Bakrar-----------------
Magno-----Ojeda-----Fernandez
-----Haak-----------Park------------
Mcfarlane--Risa--Martins--Gray

I hope that we set up offensively with some combination of young guys and Magno to start the game. Something like this would be interesting to watch:

--------------Bakrar-----------------
Magno-----Ojeda-----Fernandez
-----Haak-----------Park------------
Mcfarlane--Risa--Martins--Gray
I want to see a front four of Alonso, Santi on the wing, Maxi at the 10, and Ojeda. Let 'em cook.

Reactions: CCMore and LionNYC
I want to see a front four of Alonso, Santi on the wing, Maxi at the 10, and Ojeda. Let 'em cook.

There has to be some rotation. If we make a deep run in the leagues cup and play our starters heavily you are giving up on the MLS playoffs. If this is truly the weakest team in the playoffs I see no need to put the miles on guys like Martinez, Santi, and Maxi. Have them on the bench in case you need them but start with the other guys.

There has to be some rotation. If we make a deep run in the leagues cup and play our starters heavily you are giving up on the MLS playoffs. If this is truly the weakest team in the playoffs I see no need to put the miles on guys like Martinez, Santi, and Maxi. Have them on the bench in case you need them but start with the other guys.
I agree with this.. but I also wanna see a nice route. gimme a 5-0. give Brooklyn Blue Brooklyn Blue his 7-0. We all want to see that lol

Reactions: Brooklyn Blue

We are only guaranteed two games in this tournament, and this is the only home game.

Rotate against Cincinnati when we're unlikely to win there anyway. Go for three points on Sunday so we get out of the group and get into knockouts. Then, in the first knockout round, you can play these guys again because it's been over a week. Now, hopefully, we're in the Round of 16 and then we figure it out from there.

Agree we need to put out our strongest xi and get a convincing win and rotate for FCC.

Only caveat is I'd like to see magno on the left wing instead of ojeda. Ojeda has pace and a good right foot, but magno attacks the defense and is more creative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shwafta
Is anyone skipping this one? Either out of principle or lack of interest?

I am going. I put the Leagues Cup pretty far down the list of competitions I’d like to see us win. Still, I want us to do well and advance. I like it when my team does well.

This is an important game. I think we need a win in penalties at minimum. Next game is at Cincinnati, which is a tough assignment.

Is anyone skipping this one? Either out of principle or lack of interest?

I am going. I put the Leagues Cup pretty far down the list of competitions I’d like to see us win. Still, I want us to do well and advance. I like it when my team does well.

This is an important game. I think we need a win in penalties at minimum. Next game is at Cincinnati, which is a tough assignment.

I don't care about this tournament at all but if NYCFC plays I watch just because I love watching the team play. If one of these years we make a deep run in the league's cup I could see myself getting sucked in but at this point, I care about this as much as those random summer cactus league "tournaments" we play in during preseason.