Left/Right Back Suggestions

Connor Lade is a homegrown player for the Red Bulls. Homegrown players are automatically protected from the expansion draft. So unless he is out of contract or released, the only way NYCFC will pick him up is through a trade with the Red Bulls.

Connor Lade is a homegrown player for the Red Bulls. Homegrown players are automatically protected from the expansion draft. So unless he is out of contract or released, the only way NYCFC will pick him up is through a trade with the Red Bulls.
You only have the HGP protection for 2 or 3 years, he would be going into his 4th

You only have the HGP protection for 2 or 3 years, he would be going into his 4th
Link? My understanding was that if you're a homegrown player on the off budget list - which I believe Lade still is - you're automatically protected.

Link? My understanding was that if you're a homegrown player on the off budget list - which I believe Lade still is - you're automatically protected.
I'll try to remember to do it when I get home from work but I'm almost positive it's until the player is 23 or 2-3 years I forget which

Angelino or Leigh on loan at left back.
I'd like to see Maicon at right back.

My understanding is that when they first sign, they sign a HomeGrown Player contract which exempts them from Drafts and Budgets. However once they re-new their contract they become a "normal" player without the automatic restrictions or protections. So while Lade may have had a HGP contract if he renewed with Red Bulls, now he is a regular player.

My understanding is that when they first sign, they sign a HomeGrown Player contract which exempts them from Drafts and Budgets. However once they re-new their contract they become a "normal" player without the automatic restrictions or protections. So while Lade may have had a HGP contract if he renewed with Red Bulls, now he is a regular player.

It depends on the player's age and how many years they've been in MLS, but this is relatively accurate.

Not sure where RB rate Conor Lade anymore. He was a starter 2 years ago, since then we have barely seen him. I know he had some injuries but now Red Bulls are starting academy kids instead of him...