Let's bring traffic back

413Blue

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 23, 2014
MA
As we all know, traffic and discussion on this site has gradually declined over the years. Part of it is simply the evolution of the internet, which has seen traditional forum activity migrate to social media sites or broad topic sites like Reddit. Part of the decline is also due to the loss of hype around the team overall during the expansion phase.

During the MLS Cup run last year, and during the breaking of the stadium news this year, we saw a good number of old time posters emerge briefly again, which got me thinking, is there anything we can do to get posts increasing again?

My ideas:
1.) Perhaps try reaching out to some of the classic but no longer active posters (going back to old threads is nostalgic seeing all the old names lol) by sending a one-time email. Maybe we can get a few good ones back.

2.) Increasing NYCFCforums social media activity at the start of the season. Perhaps linking to match threads and u-pick and other things to raise awareness of this site. A whole season of NYCFCforums appearing on #NYCFC will probably generate at least of handful of solid new posters.

Any other ideas? I'd hate to see this site dwindle any further.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
As we all know, traffic and discussion on this site has gradually declined over the years. Part of it is simply the evolution of the internet, which has seen traditional forum activity migrate to social media sites or broad topic sites like Reddit. Part of the decline is also due to the loss of hype around the team overall during the expansion phase.

During the MLS Cup run last year, and during the breaking of the stadium news this year, we saw a good number of old time posters emerge briefly again, which got me thinking, is there anything we can do to get posts increasing again?

My ideas:
1.) Perhaps try reaching out to some of the classic but no longer active posters (going back to old threads is nostalgic seeing all the old names lol) by sending a one-time email. Maybe we can get a few good ones back.

2.) Increasing NYCFCforums social media activity at the start of the season. Perhaps linking to match threads and u-pick and other things to raise awareness of this site. A whole season of NYCFCforums appearing on #NYCFC will probably generate at least of handful of solid new posters.

Any other ideas? I'd hate to see this site dwindle any further.
Yeah definitely need to increase social media presence. Will work on that for sure.
I’ll work on doing an email as well. Probably after the World Cup once we get some news for the upcoming season.
I think a lot of it is due to fan activity in general, not just here. Our attendance is down overall.
The stadium announcement should bring fans back. We’ve already had some OG’s make an appearance since the announcement was made. The delay in stadium news drove a lot of fans away from the club. Hopefully some of them come back.

I'm a long term NYCFC fan ( supported Metrostars until the Red Bull takeover) was scrolling through BS and I saw a mention of this forum. Hope you don't mind this old guy finally finding this .. ;-)

Welcome!