Lk349M7.png

Paul

NYC ain't nothin' to fuck with!
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 1, 2014
NYC
Yeah I have no idea where they got the inspiration.

I have never been too keen on this whole "sister-club" idea that CFG is doing but I would not mind it at all if MCFC changed back to a circular logo. I actually assumed that CFG will make that change for MCFC in the not so distant future... they seem to be interested in pushing a single/uniform brand so this would make sense.

Ahab_Flanders

Registered
Aug 17, 2014
I have never been too keen on this whole "sister-club" idea that CFG is doing but I would not mind it at all if MCFC changed back to a circular logo. I actually assumed that CFG will make that change for MCFC in the not so distant future... they seem to be interested in pushing a single/uniform brand so this would make sense.

I can't wait until we see MCFC fans complaining about being forced into a shared brand with zero appreciation for the irony of the moment.

Reactions: LostAnvil and Paul

AndreT_NY

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 29, 2014
Long Island
I can't wait until we see MCFC fans complaining about being forced into a shared brand with zero appreciation for the irony of the moment.
To be honest a fair bit of us thing that the eagle is a bit pants. The reason they moved from it was due to copyright issues and not being able to copyright they logo at the time. A bunch of us would love to see it return to something more inline with the old logo and see the branding of MelCFC and NYCFC as a step in that direction.

Reactions: Christian

Vito

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 23, 2014
New Jersey
I'm pretty sure MCFC said they were going to change to the circle crest at some point

Christian

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 21, 2014
I love that Melbourne badge.
To be honest a fair bit of us thing that the eagle is a bit pants. The reason they moved from it was due to copyright issues and not being able to copyright they logo at the time. A bunch of us would love to see it return to something more inline with the old logo and see the branding of MelCFC and NYCFC as a step in that direction.
I hadn't heard that story until I took the tour of the Etihad about the rebranding. As much as I love our modern badge I'd be more than happy to see a return to the original. I have a mint Colin Bell remake shirt that I wear with pride.

Reactions: AndreT_NY

kylelovescrayons

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 1, 2014
Speaking of logos ... when are we going to get nice new era hats with just the NYC part of the logo on them? I would by that in all black so fast ... just saying black logo black hat That's my jam. Maybe a Camo hat with a black or gold logo.

Who do I talk to about getting these made?

Goodfella

Beers, Banter, Footy.
Elite Donor
Donor
May 19, 2014
Speaking of logos ... when are we going to get nice new era hats with just the NYC part of the logo on them? I would by that in all black so fast ... just saying black logo black hat That's my jam. Maybe a Camo hat with a black or gold logo.

Who do I talk to about getting these made?

not gonna happen. Adidas has the merch locked down, so no New Era fitteds, son, gotta settle for a FlexFit. Agreed tho that we need the "NYC' alone on a cap