Long Island Supporters

I am originally from LI. I grew up there. Actually, I will be in town next week for a friend's wedding. You can consider me a LI Supporter if you accept me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny
Mineola. If you are looking for a place to grab a drink. It is local to me but take a look at The Black Sheep in Mineola. You don't have to take my word for it take a look at the yelp.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-black-sheep-ale-house-mineola

I'm Bellmore, that's a little North for me. Problem with LI, is we're all so spread out. I have to drive all the way out to Bay Shore just to watch a game at my local AO chapter. Is a 20 minute drive on the Southern State really "local"?

I'm Bellmore, that's a little North for me. Problem with LI, is we're all so spread out. I have to drive all the way out to Bay Shore just to watch a game at my local AO chapter. Is a 20 minute drive on the Southern State really "local"?
I would say, yes.

Hudson Valley AO is located in Poughkeepsie. Next closest is in Albany or Hartford CT. Definitely more than a 20 mile drive for some of those people. Bay Shore seems to be a pretty good balance for the entire length of Long Island. It's right in the middle and easy to get to.

http://www.theamericanoutlaws.com/chapters#map_top

I would say, yes.

Hudson Valley AO is located in Poughkeepsie. Next closest is in Albany or Hartford CT. Definitely more than a 20 mile drive for some of those people. Bay Shore seems to be a pretty good balance for the entire length of Long Island. It's right in the middle and easy to get to.

http://www.theamericanoutlaws.com/chapters#map_top

Probably be better off with a Nassau and a Suffolk chapter if you ask me. But I'm glad we at least have something. Didn't have any AO on LI till last year.

Hey there. I'm new to this forum but would like to make a suggestion:

Like Adam said, I think it would be a good idea to split a Long Island chapter up between Nassau and Suffolk. A meeting place, in my opinion, should be somewhere that is accessible both by car and public transportation. This would be especially important for me, since I don't drive.

At any rate, I'll keep watching this thread for updates because I'm very interested in getting involved in supporting the NYCFC and meeting other like-minded individuals.

Are any of you li guys coming out to brother Jimmy's tomorrow?

Black Sheep is super close to me. Do they usually play MLS games or even draw crowds for USMNT games?

Queens born and raised, but I live on the Island now, so count me in for the Nassau faction. We should pick a spot and make it our own.

Reactions: Ryan Mayer
Queens born and raised, but I live on the Island now, so count me in for the Nassau faction. We should pick a spot and make it our own.
I myself am Queens born moved to Suffolk county when I was younger nd now back to Queen for college (St. Johns University). Can't agree more we need to get a bunch of LI supporters together and find a place.

Reactions: NYCBlue
Black Sheep is super close to me. Do they usually play MLS games or even draw crowds for USMNT games?
They are decent enough guys and they have enough TVs to change one or two. I know I have watched football there before and it wasn't even the WC.

Long Island Supporter here - live in Garden City and I usually watch matches at Prost on Franklin Avenue or Murphy's Bar on Old Country Road (incidentally right across from the Mineola train station)