Major Announcement - Player Signing

Spoke to the club as well, this is a media event for media at a public park. Fans can show up if they want, but NYC FC cannot guarantee space or experience for fans.

He's too old.

Oh, I think he may be, as well, but that was your first post (aside from your introduction) and it was misplaced (it should have been posted in the Lampard thread) so it was a bit of a trolling comment.

I'm sorry but Roy Hodgson thought he was one of the best 23 players England had to offer.

It's tough for me to believe that Jermain Defoe can play here at a high level and Lampard can't. The same Defoe that only made the 30 man provisional on a squad with Danny Welbeck as your top goal scoring option.

I'm sorry but Roy Hodgson thought he was one of the best 23 players England had to offer.

It's tough for me to believe that Jermain Defoe can play here at a high level and Lampard can't. The same Defoe that only made the 30 man provisional on a squad with Danny Welbeck as your top goal scoring option.

I think I speak for many an Englishman when I say you should never base your assessments of any player on Hodgson's analysis. ;)

But we should probably take the Lampard debate to the Lampard thread:

http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/lampard-to-nycfc.1059/page-7#post-16278

Reactions: Kjbert
Well, we know it's not Demarcus Beasley. Beas just signed with Houston Dynamo. Funny because it sounded like he was headed to Philly Union and they made an announcement today he wasn't joining them. Two hours later, he's in MLS with Houston.

Reactions: SebastianBlue
Well, we know it's not Demarcus Beasley. Beas just signed with Houston Dynamo. Funny because it sounded like he was headed to Philly Union and they made an announcement today he wasn't joining them. Two hours later, he's in MLS with Houston.

I am probably alone in this opinion but I would have loved to see Beasley at NYCFC. He would allow for the customary rotation with Brovsky and a veteran head on the wing. But it was always unlikely he would be one of our DPs.

Reactions: MagnusPax and BHJ
Interesting the bit about the clinic due to happen. The Daily Fail here in the UK is reporting that that clinic is going to be Lampard running a coaching session for 40 local kids. This is hardly a standard tactic as part of player unveilings, so I wonder if this is being arranged for a reason.

Interesting the bit about the clinic due to happen. The Daily Fail here in the UK is reporting that that clinic is going to be Lampard running a coaching session for 40 local kids. This is hardly a standard tactic as part of player unveilings, so I wonder if this is being arranged for a reason.
I would imagine there may be a planted question or two, as well.

Last edited:
I just saw a statement on ESPN2 saying that NYCFC will be announcing the signing of Lampard tomorrow. That confirms it for me.