Major League Soccer Trolls The World With New Logo

I like it. It's not earth-shattering or anything. The handle sticking out is a little lame though. At least there is no soccer ball or American Flag.

Reactions: Kinkladze
I happen to love the logo. Especially when compared to the older one, that thing was/is horrific. Is it generic looking? Yes, a bit. But it's not corny and does look sharp with the colors of the different clubs.

Reactions: Kinkladze
galaxynewlogo.jpg

Taken from the SI article, if that is how it will look on the jersey's I'm a fan. I was never a fan of the old logo, it looked like a copy of the MLB logo. This looks like a serious attempt to become known as a football league.

I'm warming up slightly to the simplicity of the font and lines, but I still don't like the slash sticking out and all the empty space in the logo.
I agree.

This morning I was scratching my head, but since the (customizable) MLS logo is designed to put the focus on your TEAM (instead of the LEAGUE), I'm ready to pick up the bandwagon on it's next stop.

It's definitely an upgrade and forward thinking.

I don't like it at all in it's plain form against a white background on a computer screen but I think it does look excellent when designed into the jerseys. I wonder if they will allow Fox/ESPN to have a logo with their colors to go with their broadcasts next season.

Taken from the SI article, if that is how it will look on the jersey's I'm a fan. I was never a fan of the old logo, it looked like a copy of the MLB logo. This looks like a serious attempt to become known as a football league.

It does look a lot better. If the idea is to match it with the team's jersey, I can understand that. The logo will look better in the team's colors on the sleeve.

But I still think the original logo, the red and white, is plain awful. That's the only reason they need the team color gimmick to salvage it.

I don't like it at all in it's plain form against a white background on a computer screen but I think it does look excellent when designed into the jerseys. I wonder if they will allow Fox/ESPN to have a logo with their colors to go with their broadcasts next season.
Agree. It looks so much better on Jerseys

Reactions: CP_Scouse
So not sure if anyone here does design work. But from a Design angle it's Pretty well done. The Colors are vibrante and work. It makes it's point, Elements working togeather. Plus they were smart making it Customizable (this is something I work with A LOT). And knock the "White Area", but it works. Symbolize and Subtle things like that are a Logo's best friend, saying a lot with a little.

And talk about Clip Art....the Old "Cleat and Ball" logo looked like a Special Ed Art Class project. I had flashbacks to my 1995 Packard Bell looking at that.

But I still think the original logo, the red and white, is plain awful. That's the only reason they need the team color gimmick to salvage it.

Yeah, the team colorways are "flat", but it's a departure from the official red, white and blue logo which has GRADIENTS (in the slash and "first half"). I haven't used gradients since the late 90's dot com days.

MLS_crest_breakdown.png

Reactions: Kjbert
MLSLogoEdit1.jpg

POR_avatar-400x400.png

Look familiar?

Norwich_City_logo.jpg

This is what I thought! The shape on the right looks like the bird to me.

I kinda wish they'd have a downwards bend in the "slash" and have a sliver of white, the blue line and then more area for the red.

Then I saw it here:

Bx1AB4cIAAAD0M4.jpg

Now I'm fine with it.

Reactions: 413Blue
This is what I thought! The shape on the right looks like the bird to me.

I kinda wish they'd have a downwards bend in the "slash" and have a sliver of white, the blue line and then more area for the red.

Then I saw it here:

Bx1AB4cIAAAD0M4.jpg

Now I'm fine with it.

I agree, I think it looks very good in presentable form.