Major League Soccer Trolls The World With New Logo

Could be a lot worse imagine if the long term intention was to replace club badges with those generic crests. Anyway there's a lot of things to rant about but lets just say the MLS logo isn't at the top of my list. The important thing when it comes to badges was decided a few months ago. I did catch a few of the comments by Commissioner Garber but not everybody would have laughed at the idea of current MLS status back in 2002. They certainly shouldn't now with the calibre of owners becoming involved.

Redditt users made seom changes to the crest. Heres ours:
Vog0Vwy.png

Those reddit ones look absolutely amazing. One of the things I do like is its flexibility and I hope MLS lets teams play around with it like the reddit users.

More importantly, I think this is important because the logo is so radically different from the other sports leagues in the US. It being minimalist and quirky shows that it's not trying to be like the other leagues; it's trying to be its own thing with a unique identity. So on that level, it works for me.

Reactions: einwindir
I hope at some point they just put a ball down there.

The logo still smacks of their inferiority complex -- just with more bravado. "SEE!? We don't even need a ball in our logo and people still know who we are!"

Pretty sure people know who the NFL and BPL are, too, and they still put the ball in their logo...

Reactions: Kinkladze
I hope at some point they just put a ball down there.

The logo still smacks of their inferiority complex -- just with more bravado. "SEE!? We don't even need a ball in our logo and people still know who we are!"

Pretty sure people know who the NFL and BPL are, too, and they still put the ball in their logo...

Surely an inferiority complex would involve admitting that no-one knows who you are?

Incidentally, the only reason that the PL has a football on their logo is because the logo itself is just a stylised version of the statue that the logo was shamelessly copied off. I still think that logos with footballs on are generally poor, but I do see your point:

22.jpg