Mid-season Inter-cfg Friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think FL will stop us from enjoying our team's games. This thread is about 1 bullshit meaningless game in the middle of our season for the sole purpose of marketing MCFC.
Yes and so if we don't like the actions of MCFC we can let them know or not so up case we don't care or want the team here.

Ahhh! I see the source of your discontent---

I promise you they don't care what you think, and they do not make decisions based on fan sentiment. Free yourself from that illusion and enjoy the games :)
No way, you know what really seperates a team like Seattle from Colorado? The fans.

Seattle plays on the crappiest turf known to man, in a city with so much rain it has an actual rainforest around it. Yet, Clint Dempsey put it on the short-list of teams he would play for if he came back to MLS. It was the fans, not the ownership that really made that happen.

I'm not asking everyone to show up and scream profanities at MCFC all season long. It can be as subtle as not wearing sky blue.

Believe me, the sports writers of the world are drooling at the prospect of being able to write more about 1) New York's club in 2) a fight with 3) the Champions of England over 4) a legitimate scandal.

Scandal, fighting, a world city, and the champions of England? What writer doesn't want to write about this? Its like a bomb and all we have to do is ignite the fuse....

We can make a difference if we do more than show up and pretend like Frank Lampard is as committed as all the other players out there.

Reactions: Paul
Not sure if it has been reported or not but the Telegraph have since changed their story. Now saying the friendly will not be against NYCFC.

Ok reports are coming out that is not going to happen we can closes and talk about the good stuff the club is doing and privately planning on lambasted Lampard when he gets here

I don't think FL will stop us from enjoying our team's games. This thread is about 1 bullshit meaningless game in the middle of our season for the sole purpose of marketing MCFC.

It's the other way around. Outside of The US hardly anyone knows about NYCFC. But a hell of a lot more will do when you've played against Man.City. We want your name up there in lights for the world to see and for now the MLS ain't gonna do that on it's own.
We've just played a game against Hamburg in Abu Dhabi and arrived back home around 16 hrs before an important cup match, all in the name of marketing. It'll happen to all of us more and more as the years go by.

It's the other way around. Outside of The US hardly anyone knows about NYCFC. But a hell of a lot more will do when you've played against Man.City. We want your name up there in lights for the world to see and for now the MLS ain't gonna do that on it's own.
For a meaningless friendly? That's preposterous.

Reactions: Paul
We've just played a game against Hamburg in Abu Dhabi and arrived back home around 16 hrs before an important cup match, all in the name of marketing. It'll happen to all of us more and more as the years go by.
And look what good that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.