Mid-season Inter-cfg Friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, let me get down on my hands and knees and worship our overlords and their vast resources capable of signing a non-DP player.

Only they have the resources to make that happen!
ejevlj.gif
Lol what's your point. You speculated something with zero evidence.

Lol what's your point. You speculated something with zero evidence.
How's that any different than you about your resources?

Nothing they've given us yet lives up to the billing you and the rest of the MCFC crowd have been swearing up and down will be coming.

This line-up could probably be assembled at Kansas City or Orlando.

Reactions: Malatesta
Still can do nothing but offer speculation. KC or Orlando could field what we have? Ok. Speculate away as to why they haven't then and we have.

Kreis, Villa, Mix. Solid draft. Window still open. Even given the window open they shouldn't buy a player who isn't ready to commit like Lampard.

Anyway this is getting the thread off topic. Enjoy your football.

Still can do nothing but offer speculation. KC or Orlando could field what we have? Ok. Speculate away as to why they haven't then and we have.

Kreis, Villa, Mix. Solid draft. Window still open. Even given the window open they shouldn't buy a player who isn't ready to commit like Lampard.

Anyway this is getting the thread off topic. Enjoy your football.
Orlandos team isn't any worse than ours and they have a stadium.

Reactions: Paul and NYCFCFan10

I think it's pretty bold to act like we are clearly better than SKC and Orlando. I highly doubt either SKC or Orlando management would trade teams with us.

We are being managed like an MLS 2.0 team. Meanwhile, Toronto and Orlando (employing different strategies) seem to be leading the MLS Next generation.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
I think it's pretty bold to act like we are clearly better than SKC and Orlando. I highly doubt either SKC or Orlando management would trade teams with us.

We are being managed like an MLS 2.0 team. Meanwhile, Toronto and Orlando (employing different strategies) seem to be leading the MLS Next generation.
Guess we will see soon enough. Toronto has been a tire fire and Orlando is an unknown like us.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I like our players and I am legitimately interested in Mendoza, Mix, Mullins and Nemec.

These are Kreis kinda guys. He's like an alchemist with these guys but to pretend like our DP situation is something to write home about right now...it's not. We have no stadium. We have no stadium in sight. We have a little miserable practice field at SUNY Purchase to our name and that's it.

So let's wait til those "resources" really show their stuff. That's what this was about.

Reactions: Paul
I fail to see how we can dictate if a team's roster is worse than ours if we haven't played a game yet.
Yeah exactly my point. The people saying we should be grateful we have gotten great players because of CFG when in reality we don't know how good our players are, and even if we do have a great season, which I am optimistic we will, I see very little between us and Orlando at the moment for anybody to suggest CFG has done a magnificent job with their unlimited money and resources.

Well they are going to have a stadium, for now its astro-turf ball in a vastly too big stadium. But will they be playing a friendly against Tampa Bay Rowdies or ManCity? See what I did there?
Haven't most people said on here the stadium might actually fill out nicely?
And also, like was argued in this thread, most people don't even want this friendly and I fail to see how it has anything to do with how good CFG is to us. I am sure come pre season Orlando will play against teams better than the Tampa Bay Rowdies.

This is why soccer has a hard time becoming a massive sport over in the US, the fans if some of the guys on here are anything to go by are just warped in their thinking compared to the rest of the world. I just hope once the season starts that the wheat is sorted out from the chaff. It's a real shame because NYCFC doesn't need louts who are going to boo their own players and then when their sister club comes over give them the sort of reception Galatasaray give visiting teams. Shameful.

This is why soccer has a hard time becoming a massive sport over in the US, the fans if some of the guys on here are anything to go by are just warped in their thinking compared to the rest of the world. I just hope once the season starts that the wheat is sorted out from the chaff. It's a real shame because NYCFC doesn't need louts who are going to boo their own players and then when their sister club comes over give them the sort of reception Galatasaray give visiting teams. Shameful.
Ok, now I'm pretty sure this is definitely a MCFC fan questioning us as NY fans...

Reactions: doctorhoosier
Ok, now I'm pretty sure this is definitely a MCFC fan questioning us as NY fans...

I really don't concern myself with Manchester fans trying to question NY fans. They have no clue of the loyalty a NY fan has towards their teams. They also don't understand that most of us disassociate Man City with NYCFC. Common ownership means nothing to me. It's like saying St Louis Rams fans should be fans of Colorado Avalanche, Rapids, or Arsenal because Stan Kroenke owns them all. Nonsense. If you choose to follow both great but the common ownership doesn't make me a fan. That being said it should be an entertaining event and I will certainly tune in.

Or it's just logic. If someone new to soccer or MLS goes to a game and fans are booing their own players they're going to be a bit confused and question what's going on.
I can assure you that if/when it happens it will be a very small minority booing. Then again everyone's so caught up on this and oblivious to our team actually growing and building behind it that they might not even watch the first 20 games. Season begins in July right?
I can assure you TR won't be booing and you're not going to be louder than them.
The teams embarrassed itself enough. Let's not do the same as supporters.
I'm not saying you shouldn't be pissed and upset but direct your grievances at the club. Which people did do and we made enough noise and they either came out and admitted wrongdoing and signed him officially.
That's going to be it from NYCFC. You're not going to get anymore sorry's and forgive me's. You'll be booing for the rest of your life if that's what you expect. They'll be more people cheering when he touches the ball for the first time than booing. I'll be there to help those numbers as well.
And if I'm wrong feel free to quote this in 5 months.

Reactions: tonyblue
I really don't concern myself with Manchester fans trying to question NY fans. They have no clue of the loyalty a NY fan has towards their teams. They also don't understand that most of us disassociate Man City with NYCFC. Common ownership means nothing to me. It's like saying St Louis Rams fans should be fans of Colorado Avalanche, Rapids, or Arsenal because Stan Kroenke owns them all. Nonsense. If you choose to follow both great but the common ownership doesn't make me a fan. That being said it should be an entertaining event and I will certainly tune in.
Let's be honest... 12 fans went to philly to represent our team and it was basically free.
A handful will go to Charleston. A handful to Orlando? Maybe?
Let's actually make some noise and a name for ourselves before we throw out the word loyalty freely.

Sucks that even our own forum is on the Manchester leash.

Where's that wolf guy telling us how our team is Manchester's whore some more?

Status
Not open for further replies.