Mid-season Inter-cfg Friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest... 12 fans went to philly to represent our team and it was basically free.
A handful will go to Charleston. A handful to Orlando? Maybe?
Let's actually make some noise and a name for ourselves before we throw out the word loyalty freely.
Didnt Orlando have a bus full?

Sucks that even our own forum is on the Manchester leash.

Where's that wolf guy telling us how our team is Manchester's whore some more?
Sorry but I don't represent the forum as a whole. I'm a member no different than you and I'm not going to hold back my opinion.
I was just as pissed off as everyone. Feel free to look at my post history. But I'm not going to make an ass of myself and my team by booing a player every game I go to. If I was going to do that and felt that way I'd just sell my tickets because if yo do feel so strongly then you just shouldn't support this team as it's obvious you don't agree with what it's representing on the field.

Reactions: tonyblue
Let's be honest... 12 fans went to philly to represent our team and it was basically free.
A handful will go to Charleston. A handful to Orlando? Maybe?
Let's actually make some noise and a name for ourselves before we throw out the word loyalty freely.

Maybe when the MLS starts having their events other times the noon on a Thursday more people will be able to attend. I don't really understand the work schedule of people in Orlando but I am certainly not taking a day off to go the the Superdraft. I was speaking of loyalty as a city. Look at the following of the Knicks, Jets, and Mets... loyal fans.

Sorry but I don't represent the forum as a whole. I'm a member no different than you and I'm not going to hold back my opinion.
I was just as pissed off as everyone. Feel free to look at my post history. But I'm not going to make an ass of myself and my team by booing a player every game I go to. If I was going to do that and felt that way I'd just sell my tickets because if yo do feel so strongly then you just shouldn't support this team as it's obvious you don't agree with what it's representing on the field.
Why the hell did you bother to get mad in the first place then, Dan? If you're just going to roll over and take it a few weeks later, what was the point?

I think you need to evaluate your own logic....

I also don't think a lot of people will be booing. Is everyone pissed yes but wins forgive all sins. (Except for A-Rod... fuck that guy)

Why the hell did you bother to get mad in the first place then, Dan? If you're just going to roll over and take it a few weeks later, what was the point?

I think you need to evaluate your own logic....
Really? Really? My logic is flawed because I chose to not dwell on something and let it consume me to the point it takes away from an experience? Sorry but I'd rather not let that happen. I'll accept FL when he arrives because he'll be a part of the team just as anyone else and committed to winning and representing this city, no different than any other player.

Reactions: Vito
Really? Really? My logic is flawed because I chose to not dwell on something and let it consume me to the point it takes away from an experience? Sorry but I'd rather not let that happen. I'll accept FL when he arrives because he'll be a part of the team just as anyone else and committed to winning and representing this city, no different than any other player.
Alright, Dan, you let me know the cheer for how great our fearless leader Frank Lampard is when he arrives in July and I'll be right there singing it with you.

Though, if you really believe he is as committed as any of our players, you must not expect to win many games.

I seriously think you're misinterpreting the source and constancy of this anger. Look back to three days ago, some people were still bitter and we had some comments here and there but there definitely wasn't a 7 page rant thread with fresh arguments. Where did this thread come from, oh right, new information about a friendly with the club that many NYCFC supporters are still understandably bitter toward (true it's just a rumor for now, but the amount of outlets reporting it suggests it has legs, plus it's not that outlandish).

People aren't dwelling on this to the exclusion of caring about player acquisitions and preseason, we're all very excited about that. Yet this story provided us with a fresh reminder of a recent insult. So we're talking about it, and it's taking a lot of space because some people are mad and some (you) are telling them to stop being mad about it. The best way to ensure an argument will not end is to tell your opponent that their anger isn't justified.

I've tried posting before what really drives me crazy about this, but I'll try again. This is not about a constant simmering rage for Lampard to the exclusion of everything else. I wish it would just go away also. Not so that all could be forgotten, but just so we could stop talking about it. Yet here we have a dumb reminder of it after so short a time. More than that this says that we will have another reminder after the season has already started. Of course people won't be constantly thinking about Lampard and MCFC that late in the season, they'll be thinking about the games, but then MCFC is gonna show up on our doorstep and tensions like this are gonna flare up again. It is either stupidity or a sign that they don't give a fuck what we think for them to do this in the middle of our debut season, after they already kept what would have been our marquee player from us.

Reactions: Paul and NYCFCFan10
Alright, Dan, you let me know the cheer for how great our fearless leader Frank Lampard is when he arrives in July and I'll be right there singing it with you.

Though, if you really believe he is as committed as any of our players, you must not expect to win many games.
I'll just step away so you can bask in your delusional nightmare.
I chose not to live a lie in which people actually believe the players care anymore than the check they receive at the end of the week. We weren't playing. We DIDNT sign him. He wanted to play. Someone paid him and he played.

Reactions: tonyblue
Here's my cheer:

Thank you Frank Lampard!
I was angry before but not now
Now you're as great as any
that actually did show up in Jacksonville
Why? Because logic!

If you don't support Manchester screwing over New York, then you don't support New York!
Why? Because logic!

Remember kids, stand for nothing!
Take what your're given and suck it!
Why? Because logic!

lol really hope you're not nearly as miserable and consumned with animosity in real life.
No, I have a sunny disposition in real life.

I do enjoy reflecting by a factor of 10 or 100 what I'm given. You show me kindness, I'll give you more.

If you screw my team over, though, I'll want to destroy yours.

Last edited:
We weren't playing. We DIDNT sign him. He wanted to play. Someone paid him and he played.

Right, but I seem to remember a certain press conference in Brooklyn where we were told we had signed him. Oh and his interview during the Yankee game on YES and then with MiB. Oh and those billboards in midtown Manhattan. Oh and those jerseys/shirts for sale on the team website. You're right, we shouldn't be angry. Not a big deal at all.

Right, but I seem to remember a certain press conference in Brooklyn where we were told we had signed him. Oh and his interview during the Yankee game on YES and then with MiB. Oh and those billboards in midtown Manhattan. Oh and those jerseys/shirts for sale on the team website. You're right, we shouldn't be angry. Not a big deal at all.
:/
I've said from day 1 we should be angry at OUR club. I was angry as well. tweeting at MCFC isn't going to do shit. Calling your ticket reps which we organized here back when it happened and told people to do at least made some noise. I don't know man. I'm not a spiteful person and refuse to let myself be.

:/
I've said from day 1 we should be angry at OUR club. I was angry as well. tweeting at MCFC isn't going to do shit. Calling your ticket reps which we organized here back when it happened and told people to do at least made some noise. I don't know man. I'm not a spiteful person and refuse to let myself be.
Get a clue, Dan!

They don't care enough for NY right now or they wouldn't be doing this crap in the first place! Its exactly what they said it wouldn't be - a marketing ploy.

This is why Manchester must feel the heat. Their fans came over here gleefully boasting about how MCFC is in total control and they're obviously right.

Well, there's a downside to being in control, responsibility. Stop trying to free them from it.

If we show them that we hold MCFC responsible, they'll take notice right away and cut the crap.

Get a clue, Dan!

They don't care enough for NY right now or they wouldn't be doing this crap in the first place! Its exactly what they said it wouldn't be - a marketing ploy.

This is why Manchester must feel the heat. Their fans came over here gleefully boasting about how MCFC is in total control and they're obviously right.

Well, there's a downside to being in control, responsibility. Stop trying to free them from it.

If we show them that we hold MCFC responsible, they'll take notice right away and cut the crap.
Where are their fans? Maybe a handful and they were all banned at one point.

Ahhh! I see the source of your discontent---

I promise you they don't care what you think, and they do not make decisions based on fan sentiment. Free yourself from that illusion and enjoy the games :)

Ahhh! I see the source of your discontent---

I promise you they don't care what you think, and they do not make decisions based on fan sentiment. Free yourself from that illusion and enjoy the games :)

I don't think FL will stop us from enjoying our team's games. This thread is about 1 bullshit meaningless game in the middle of our season for the sole purpose of marketing MCFC.

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
Status
Not open for further replies.