Mikey out 3-4 months!

Give him crutches, and hire this guy to train him.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert
well all you people "fearing" he would start should be relaxed now....though i never thought he was going to start there .....would have totally gotten minutes but not be starter

all the best and get well soon

When you sprain or twist your ankle, in addition to the ligaments getting damaged, the joint cartilage covering the bone can also get damaged. In some cases, pieces of the cartilage can break off. Sometimes they end up outside the joint where they don't cause any problems, other times they can get lodged in the joint and cause pain.

I hope for a speedy recovery. I know I'm in the minority, but I love him as player and the energy that he brings every game. I hope PV integrates him back into the rotation when he recovers.

No, he isn't. His only value is he is at the league minimum salary.

Oh and I guess he's a nice guy

I don't mean to single you out. So please don't take this post as directed at you.

I get the sense that a lot of posters on here are Euro Soccer snobs. They follow leagues (and a sport) where there are no salary caps.

In the USA, most leagues have a cap (some more restrictive than others) and you need to work within the cap.

The MLS cap and roster construction reminds me most of the NFL. You need to find value guys that can put in a shift. I equate Mikey to an inexpensive Special Teams player. He goes in for certain situations. I hope he comes back full strength both for him and the squad. His injury will be felt

You don't have to be a Euro snob to see that Lopez has poor instincts leading him to be late to challenges or leading him to run himself out of position. On offense, he can't hold possession when challenged, isn't helpful moving the ball forward, and doesn't have the eye to pick out particularly useful passes. He has not shown himself to have any kind of shooting ability. Other than all that he is great.

And I hate talking shit about a player, because I love that they give it their all for my team. I'll just never understand the love here for Lopez. Id take Matt Dunn over him anyday. I'd take Pablo Alvarez over him.

His low price is immaterial since he is not in our top 20 and doesn't count against the cap. He's the embodiment of our poor roster planning to this point.

His low price is immaterial since he is not in our top 20 and doesn't count against the cap. He's the embodiment of our poor roster planning to this point.
But if his salary were higher [enough] it would count. isn't that exactly the point? The question then is could we get a better player who maybe costs a bit more but not so much more that he reaches the threshold where his salary counts? As to that IDK.

Reactions: Kjbert
But if his salary were higher [enough] it would count. isn't that exactly the point? The question then is could we get a better player who maybe costs a bit more but not so much more that he reaches the threshold where his salary counts? As to that IDK.
I think the point is that some of us don't see any value at any price point.

Reactions: ktdNYCFC