Mix Diskerud to Man City OFFICIAL

Remember when the team finally used their buyout on him and we all thought it would be the end of all the mixdebating on the forum. Yeah those were good times.

Can’t wait to talk Cookieburger and Pirlo again because of some ridiculous signing by the mothership.

So, two things that I could see are happening here:

1) Mix wants to be a free agent and get out of that MLS contract - he’s under contract with MLS until 2018 so he could only be loaned out (like he is now). CFG maybe said to him that he’d have an easier time finding a European team if he signs with CFG who has many contacts at European clubs.

2) CFG is helping out MLS - although Mix has nothing to do with NYCFC’s cap, MLS is still paying his salary (or at least anything above what the loan club is paying). Getting him off MLS books saves MLS some cash. NYCFC doesn’t really care.

#1 was my immediate take on the situation, it's got to be said.

Also, can I just say how incredibly weird it feels that Umbro was allowed to announce the transfer of a player (whether he be a player they sponsor or not is beside the point) from a club wearing Adidas to a club wearing Nike?

Also, can I just say how incredibly weird it feels that Umbro was allowed to announce the transfer of a player (whether he be a player they sponsor or not is beside the point) from a club wearing Adidas to a club wearing Nike?

Nike owns Umbro.

MIX "Twinkle Toes" is sponsored by Umbro, he wears there cleats. Notice no picture of a jersey, just a scarf.

Nike owns Umbro.

MIX "Twinkle Toes" is sponsored by Umbro, he wears there cleats. Notice no picture of a jersey, just a scarf.

Not quite. Nike bought Umbro back in 2007, but sold them in 2012 when they realised they couldn't make much money from them. Incidentally, just to totally shaft Umbro they also transferred every last one of Umbro's primary sponsorships to the main brand first, leaving Umbro with virtually no exposure at the time.

Not quite. Nike bought Umbro back in 2007, but sold them in 2012 when they realised they couldn't make much money from them. Incidentally, just to totally shaft Umbro they also transferred every last one of Umbro's primary sponsorships to the main brand first, leaving Umbro with virtually no exposure at the time.

The person to whom you respond is nearly certainly a troll. Either that, or we should give him a participation trophy for figuring out the account creation process despite having major brain trauma.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and Paul
Would be funny if rooted in reality, but Sciaretta is grabbing low hanging fruit since if he bothered to read the tweet presser yesterday, he’d know it explicitly said he wouldn’t be involved in MCFC matches.

But I guess his tweet is applicable to himself since he hasn’t been selected for a Pulitzer, which is definitely talent related.

Reactions: Kjbert
Would be funny if rooted in reality, but Sciaretta is grabbing low hanging fruit since if he bothered to read the tweet presser yesterday, he’d know it explicitly said he wouldn’t be involved in MCFC matches.

But I guess his tweet is applicable to himself since he hasn’t been selected for a Pulitzer, which is definitely talent related.

I'm pretty sure his tweet was 100% a joke.

I’m not denying it was, but it’s low hanging fruit for a soccer columnist to make jokes at a player’s expense when not even rooted in reality.

Reactions: Kjbert

Sarcasm, everyone. The title of this thread shouldn’t be “mix to Man City”; it should be “Mix to CFG Training Squad” which is essentially what he is doing.

CFG is doing MLS a solid and banking that if he finds a team in Europe and plays well, he could get sold and CFG profits from the sale.

That said, nice to see writers having some fun.

Sarcasm, everyone. The title of this thread shouldn’t be “mix to Man City”; it should be “Mix to CFG Training Squad” which is essentially what he is doing.

CFG is doing MLS a solid and banking that if he finds a team in Europe and plays well, he could get sold and CFG profits from the sale.

That said, nice to see writers having some fun.

I wonder, what's MLS' take on their clubs writing sell-on clauses into transfers out?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Mix is further proof that no matter what terrible dud you are... if you have a good agent that is all that really matters....

Or a good lawyer who can make your contract so obfuscatingly complex that no team will ever be able to successfully terminate you...