Mix Gone?

A public comment of Mix's availability has to be a strategy of attracting a much broader foreign audience. Also consider the fact that Vieira emphasized Mix's international experience in his comment which was kind of unnecessary there. A foreign club is less likely to scoff at his $750k salary too, especially with a minimal transfer fee.

Prediction: Two weeks time, he's back in Europe and off our books.

I highly doubt that was his intent. His comments were intended directly for Mix imo. In the same article he also emphasizes that he is not even showing enough to be in the 18 at the moment. I'm doubtful that many euro clubs are sitting around the interwebs waiting for MLS coaches to publicly say he is not pleased with one of his highly paid players. If anything, his comments tainted the waters for any takers, solidifying my theory that Mix is staying with this team, and Vieira is trying to light a fire.

Reactions: Paul
Mix to MCFC, MLS approves the deal because they get a good amount of money back for him (if not a profit) and NYCFC gets some allocation money from the mothership.

Then immediately loaned out to a team in the FPFL. Poor Mix.

Reactions: Kjbert
Interesting. SKC on record as looking for an attacking mid this transfer window.

Some of the reports on Besler from those who watch SKC weekly have been very negative over the past year or so, but given Mix's salary, you are likely going to have to absorb someone else's problem or eat a lot of the salary. Left-sided CB who can play the ball would fit nicely subject to seeing what the mystery that is Chanot actually brings.
This had about a 30 minute analysis of the fate of Besler in KC. Probably not worth the time unless his name actually surfaces, but I found it generally interesting as a USMNT follower and general soccer geek.

Reactions: adam
For what is being asked of them, Lopez absolutely should be higher on the depth chart than Mix.

What has Mix done to show that he should start over Lampard, Pirlo or Iraola?

Mix is a jack of all trades but master of none. In a non salary cap league, it's whatever but wit the cap it's a pain in the buttocks. Hopefully he gets his shit together and sticks around.

This is a great post. He's a solid player who is probably destined to be a squad player in a mid level league in Europe - Championship, Scottish Prem, etc.

Reactions: ChiefBlue