MLS - April 15 - Nashville (Home)

1. Didn’t get to watch this match so it makes me appreciate the forum even more. Thanks.
2. Seems like having your DP in The starting 11 would be ideal. Surprised that Santi was a sub. Kind of makes me nervous about that situation.
3. Two things I am tired of reading about. A) killing games. B) the captains armband.
Got a headache from reading The Five Points post on the NYCFC app. Name a captain and STF. I hope I don’t have to listen to Cushing talk about “leadership” anymore this season. Also, teach the team how to kill games Nick.

While he can be infuriating at times, one of his "Hey! I'm from Brasil!" moments led to Ilenič making that sweet cross into Keaton for the first goal.

He needs less flair and more consistency. The rainbow kicks are useless if you can’t play a simple through ball to your CAM making a run into the box.

Ilenic is going to be terrific. May be the fastest guy on the team. He played really well.

Ledezma played great. Please give him a run of games underneath the Striker. Created opportunities.

Talles was invisible. I’m over him. Just done with him. Gabby wasn’t good either. Segal isn’t the solution up top. We know that.

Sands was my MOTM. Not sure who got it in the stadium. But watch him play. Good job by Cushing. They saw something on video I think about Nashville counter attacking. Once we built up play, Sands would remove himself from the offensive possession and man mark Mukhtar out of the counter opportunity. He was his shadow while we had possession in the offensive third. And he did a great job at it.

Barazza has a hammer for a right leg. Love his distribution. But those commenting about his saves are correct. He’s short with short arms. Other keepers straight up smother some of those shots.

Talles is much better on the wing but still hasn't shown what he did last year. For me, this is due to lack of a striker threat creating space for him. I think this will improve with an actual 9 and more time to get comfortable with the new players around him..

He needs less flair and more consistency. The rainbow kicks are useless if you can’t play a simple through ball to your CAM making a run into the box.
From the replay it looked like Magno was setting up to do some more dancing around and was pissed that Ilenic took it off him and crossed it in, shame the cameras didn’t show his reaction after it went in 😝

From the replay it looked like Magno was setting up to do some more dancing around and was pissed that Ilenic took it off him and crossed it in, shame the cameras didn’t show his reaction after it went in 😝
I don’t mind an instant reaction of frustration that a teammate took the play he intended. Like a player angry about being subbed off. I want them to have that hunger. But agree with your implication. Hope that frustration turned quickly to joy.

Reactions: SoupInNYC