MLS - July 20 - Orlando (Away)

One of Nick’s first subs was Talles for Martinez and then Maxi forvParks. Then playing Magno at CF, Nick is trying to prove something but it’s sure not trying to put the players in the best position to win. Everyone knows CF is not for Magno and it won’t help him move.

One of Nick’s first subs was Talles for Martinez and then Maxi forvParks. Then playing Magno at CF, Nick is trying to prove something but it’s sure not trying to put the players in the best position to win. Everyone knows CF is not for Magno and it won’t help him move.

subs were terrible all around, i thought. magno should have come on for wolf, who was looking super tired. martinez should have stayed on at the 9. love maxi, but should have brought on one of the kids to play right wing with magno on the left. parks stays on to win those long clearances that maxi wasn't getting to. though i can't remember, did parks get a yellow? maybe that's why he was subbed. I know haak definitely got a yellow and i would have taken him off instead of parks.

don't understand why tanas had to come on either. bakrar for martinez would have been fine but attempting to play magno at the 9 even for 5-10 mins was a waste.

nick sure likes to say "trust the process" but times like this, i am not sure what the process is and i doubt whether nick actually has one.

Fans and front office members have been attacked in the past by Orlando supporters. Be vigilant when outside the stadium following the match.

No issues that I saw.

I have to say, the stadium announcer was hilarious. The exasperated way he would scold the home crowd for vulgarity or sigh when announcing a card on Orlando cracked me up.

• Haha
Reactions: KevinJRogers
Hearing the sports on NY1, the anchor said that the "rookie" Hannes Wolf scored the lone goal for NYCFC and that because of the All Star break and Leagues Cup, NYCFC would return in late August. Man, it's going to take a loooong time for the general public to understand soccer in this country.

Hearing the sports on NY1, the anchor said that the "rookie" Hannes Wolf scored the lone goal for NYCFC and that because of the All Star break and Leagues Cup, NYCFC would return in late August. Man, it's going to take a loooong time for the general public to understand soccer in this country.
There's a bit of a learning curve ahead, that's for sure. :rolleyes:

Ichiro Suzuki won AL Rookie of the Year at age 27 after 9 full seasons in top level Japanese baseball, though I think they changed that rule.
I wish Messi was eligible and won MLS ROTY last year, and then wore a special patch this year and had to accept the trophy at Miami’s first home game.
The bit about returning in late August is 3 short words from being accurate. Or just sub MLS for NYCFC.

Reactions: Vallos
Yeah, the way soccer works is different to begin with, so it doesn’t help that when the domestic league adds unnecessary complexity.

A lot of that is the league's fault. They make it unnecessarily complicated for newcomers to follow.

Hey, we're on NY1! This is progress.

Reactions: KevinJRogers