MLS - July 25 - Orlando (Home)

Deila has to address how/why Thiago is not starting.

if santi doesn't start next game to give maxi a rest, it will blow my mind. maxi had a great game tonight but we need to keep him from getting injured. santi was quick and energetic throughout the pitch and loved his ability to take people on. i really want to see him at the #10. give maxi a break!

Stop being salty my dude, we won 5-0! Celebrate!
He's right though. Gotta wonder if the game was tight whether they would have given it or looked at it, but since it was 5-0 they were like nah.

Reactions: Kjbert
I realize it was orlando's B team and all, but it always feels good to win against them. also feels good to get our finishing worked on in a game. hopefully this will give us the confidence and rhythm to get the motors running and go on a massive run to the cup!

He's right though. Gotta wonder if the game was tight whether they would have given it or looked at it, but since it was 5-0 they were like nah.
Idk, it looked like a pen but also not. He had his hand pretty close to the side. (shrug)

Did we get any kind of news about Isi? Did he pull a hammy? Kinda looked like that's what happened. Hope he's alright! But more than likely we'll see Thiago start next match.

Reactions: Kjbert
Did we get any kind of news about Isi? Did he pull a hammy? Kinda looked like that's what happened. Hope he's alright! But more than likely we'll see Thiago start next match.
He was off on the side being looked at after being subbed, from our view point it kinda looked like he was in pain a bit. Hoping it was just a very bad cramp or a lightly pulled muscle...

BTW, who was the ref tonight? I've never seen him, but I thought he did a mostly very good job. Handled the flow of the game well. Then again there was nothing feisty, but.... still a good sign. Keep it up my dude! 1627264709008.png
1627264772703.png

He was off on the side being looked at after being subbed, from our view point it kinda looked like he was in pain a bit. Hoping it was just a very bad cramp or a lightly pulled muscle...

BTW, who was the ref tonight? I've never seen him, but I thought he did a mostly very good job. Handled the flow of the game well. Then again there was nothing feisty, but.... still a good sign. Keep it up my dude! View attachment 11317
View attachment 11318
Anytime the game ends and I don’t even think about the ref it’s a good performance from them.

Absolutely clear and obvious handball in the box at the end of the game. Didn't go to video review. PRO owes us a penalty kick.

We were leading 5-0 and their goalie was injured. Completely acceptable for them not to force Gallese into a situation like that. And good of NYCFC to ease up on the brakes after they realized Gallese was hurt -- they could have scored a 6th goal, but clearly weren't going to do anything unsporting. Referee should have blown the whistle minutes before he did with that situation the way it was.

Great performance -- we've been playing so well all season without the results, it was so good to see us finally get that result again. Orlando was heavily rotated, but you play the guys who take the field, and NYCFC did a great job controlling that game from start to finish. Orlando without Mueller, Dike, and Nani were predictably awful. Great to see Taty get back on the scoresheet, hopefully he relaxes and gets back on a run with Heber close to returning.

We were leading 5-0 and their goalie was injured. Completely acceptable for them not to force Gallese into a situation like that. And good of NYCFC to ease up on the brakes after they realized Gallese was hurt -- they could have scored a 6th goal, but clearly weren't going to do anything unsporting. Referee should have blown the whistle minutes before he did with that situation the way it was.
Eh. The game is 90' long regardless of the situation.

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo

Great performance -- we've been playing so well all season without the results, it was so good to see us finally get that result again. Orlando was heavily rotated, but you play the guys who take the field, and NYCFC did a great job controlling that game from start to finish. Orlando without Mueller, Dike, and Nani were predictably awful. Great to see Taty get back on the scoresheet, hopefully he relaxes and gets back on a run with Heber close to returning.

if your keeper is injured and he can't perform, he gets subbed. sportsmanship is one thing. mercy is another. there should be no mercy in sports and I don't think taking it easy against an injured keeper is sportsmanship. if you can't play, get off the field.

• Sad
Reactions: Gotham Gator
Speaking of the “orlando was heavily rotated” argument, Seattle literally played a high school team with old man ruidiaz and won the other night. You play with who is available, not an excuse for getting blown out by 5 goals.

if your keeper is injured and he can't perform, he gets subbed. sportsmanship is one thing. mercy is another. there should be no mercy in sports and I don't think taking it easy against an injured keeper is sportsmanship. if you can't play, get off the field.

Orlando was out of subs, so he couldn't be subbed.

Listen, NYCFC would have been well within their rights to play hard right up to the final whistle. But at 5-0, there was no need to and I'm glad they called off the dogs with Gallese in the situation he was in. If the game was in doubt, sure -- you gotta do what you gotta do. But in this situation, with the lead they had, it was the right thing to do.

Last time I went they just gave it to me when I asked nicely. But I think that’s what the season card is for. I’m kinda miffed that none of the specialty food vendors are open. No Mighty Quinns, no sushi, no Lobels.
ALL of the gluten free options were closed yesterday. What the hell

sportsmanship is one thing. mercy is another. there should be no mercy in sports
For me this depends on the sport. In baseball or tennis, no mercy. It ain't over till it's over. So play your hardest till it's over.

In the NFL, if you are up 30 with a minute on the clock. Take a knee. Kill the clock. There is no benefit to going for another score. College football OTOH has incentives to run up the score.

Soccer, likewise, has season long stats that can make a real difference. That extra goal doesn't change the game, but it could change the season.

Reactions: moogoo and 413Blue