MLS - July 5 - Charlotte (Home)

Sad Normal People GIF by CBC

I respectfully disagree with the takes on Magno. He combines well, made good runs, received the ball well, and got good looks. All of those are important skills, and he did well.

His finishing was poor, but statistics show that is less important than the other factors mentioned. It will even out over time, but being able to get into good positions for good shots does not.

You can’t drive a nail with a screwdriver. Talles is a screwdriver.

We either need to buy a better hammer or at least try the one we’ve got.

Reactions: JCMore
talles is working hard. he's just lacking in confidence and it shows. he barely even takes guys on 1v1 anymore when he used to do it with relative ease in the past. what does he need to get his mojo back? i don't know. but he needs to figure it out.

Poor Haak after having such great performances recently as a 3rd CB and even interviewing about it, only to have two horrendous mistakes, one of which results in a goal. Mistakes happen, but my biggest complaint was he lays off the ball but somehow is in such a state of shock that he fails to even close down the ball immediately to prevent the shot from being taken. he just stands there, hands behind back and waits.

We need better right back depth than turnbull. the guy just doesn't have soccer IQ for this level and his crosses and defending aren't exactly great. He's a bottom of the barrel backup sub and a II squad player.

Otherwise, i thought we played pretty decently. We combined well and were cleaner on the ball than we have been in a long time. We just can't seem to hit the target.

Ledesma was bright and active, looking to combine and create, which is in contrast to Santi who tends to dribble too much lately.

so how long do we have to wait until we get some transfer news?

ETA: UNBEATEN IN ... 8?

Last edited:
Reactions: Revfugee and Gene
I respectfully disagree with the takes on Magno. He combines well, made good runs, received the ball well, and got good looks. All of those are important skills, and he did well.

His finishing was poor, but statistics show that is less important than the other factors mentioned. It will even out over time, but being able to get into good positions for good shots does not.
Talles is due for some MF evening out if he is that good as he hasn’t scored since April 22.

Reactions: moogoo

The questions that my jumbled brain put on the table tonight were:

Is Talles Ubnlucky?

and

2. Does dude just not have it in him to be a scorer?

It kind of looks like He’s playing kick and catch with the opposing goalkeepers. How much more of an opportunity does he need to put the ball in the net cause dude is definitely getting the opportunity ?
Talles doesn’t have many more goals than Gabe Segal and the 67,000 dollar little engine that could man has had considerably less opportunity I would guess.

The questions that my jumbled brain put on the table tonight were:

Is Talles Ubnlucky?

and

2. Does dude just not have it in him to be a scorer?

It kind of looks like He’s playing kick and catch with the opposing goalkeepers. How much more of an opportunity does he need to put the ball in the net cause dude is definitely getting the opportunity ?
Talles doesn’t have many more goals than Gabe Segal and the 67,000 dollar little engine that could man has had considerably less opportunity I would guess.
With all respect to Talles, he is not a striker.

I like him. I want to keep him. He just can’t shoot. They are asking him to do something he’s not suited for. At this point I’d rather see Segal up top. Put Talles on the left wing.

BTW I’ve been touting Cufre for weeks. He put in great crosses and finished clinically tonight.

With a real striker we win 2-1 or 3-1 tonight. Maybe more. Can’t fault the boys for effort. It was there. And Pel has stepped up a notch.

Sooo frustrating.

What frustrates me is that's probably the second highest team xG in 22 games this season, and it's below 2.
That is the problem with this team. They have so much trouble scoring, they can only win 1-0. Give up a goal, and a tie is practically the best result.

Reactions: Revfugee

We aren’t arguing that he’s a bad player. But the Talles as #9 experiment has failed.

Reactions: canchon and moogoo
I think we should all stay positive. not that long ago, we were finishing games with a handful of shots or less. at least we're creating some chances now. we just don't have that finishing touch. but it's an improvement so i'll take it. the guys just need some confidence. i'm sure giving up that cheap goal on a mistake made them have flashbacks of the struggles they've been through the past 12 games but they grew back into the game eventually and kept creating chances.

We just need more quality players. Turnbull just isnt' good enough and we need a goal thirsty mad man who is always going to be in the box if and when a cross comes in. a few good pieces.. a few good results.. and this team might start to look like what we expect.

Last edited: