MLS - June 21 - Atlanta (Away)

Alfredo did get the ball, so he did actually make a play
I think he got ball and then clipped Gutman, and Gutman's dive was a delayed response to the slight contact he felt. I don't think he knew Morales got ball and got lucky the ref either missed the play Morales made or the ref thought Parks clipped him because the fall was so delayed from the Morales contact.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Also just popping back in to note how crazy it is that Tyler Wolff scored a goal between Barraza's legs but later had a chance on an open net from 1 foot away and kicked the ball backwards. He hit it so poorly that he was not credited with a shot and the play did not add to Atlants's xG for the game.

I think he got ball and then clipped Gutman, and Gutman's dive was a delayed response to the slight contact he felt. I don't think he knew Morales got ball and got lucky the ref either missed the play Morales made or the ref thought Parks clipped him because the fall was so delayed from the Morales contact.

i actually think gutman goes down the moment he feels parks's hand on his shoulder. tried to go for that pullback foul.

Just want to take a moment to say there is no better NYCFC watching right now than to marvel at and enjoy the skill of Gabi. I actually found myself not caring about the result yesterday and just wanted to see GP get another shot. Was sad to see him pulled with 2 goals on 2 shots and not even an attempt for the hat trick.

Just want to take a moment to say there is no better NYCFC watching right now than to marvel at and enjoy the skill of Gabi. I actually found myself not caring about the result yesterday and just wanted to see GP get another shot. Was sad to see him pulled with 2 goals on 2 shots and not even an attempt for the hat trick.
Yes! He has really put it together. He is really good 1 v 1, among other things.

Yes! He has really put it together. He is really good 1 v 1, among other things.
1v1 and an amazing eye for that shot coming from the right. In one way reminds me of ITS in how that spot is just his. There was that spot on the top of the box where ITS just couldn't miss from (for a while). Gabi has the same thing but around mid-box curling it to the far corner.

In another way he has an amazing eye just to see the shot. I think he has now hit a few shots where the xG is extremely low because the defender is right there but he sees (creates) a sliver of daylight and then just pulls the trigger.

1v1 and an amazing eye for that shot coming from the right. In one way reminds me of ITS in how that spot is just his. There was that spot on the top of the box where ITS just couldn't miss from (for a while). Gabi has the same thing but around mid-box curling it to the far corner.

In another way he has an amazing eye just to see the shot. I think he has now hit a few shots where the xG is extremely low because the defender is right there but he sees (creates) a sliver of daylight and then just pulls the trigger.
When Jack was inverted he grabbed a few of these too. But ITS was indeed lethal when he had thee chances.

When Jack was inverted he grabbed a few of these too. But ITS was indeed lethal when he had thee chances.
I just hope this is something he can keep doing. I fear as he gets better known the scouting will make it clear to push him to his right and never give him even the chance at that 6 inches of space on his left.

The good thing for Pereira is that he also has the off-ball movement that ITS didn't have to go along with some passing and vision in the final third (still needs to work defensively).

ITS was great at taking those chances, but he didn't get in those spots enough or provide much more elsewhere on the field offensively or defensively.