Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Atlanta United FC vs. New York City FC
Wednesday, June 22 7:30 PM ET
Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

It's a little complicated how international duty will affect the lineups for this one.

NYCFC
Sands is out, I think, as the USA have a Gold Cup game on Saturday.
Chanot is playing today for Luxembourg in a Euro qualifier. Hard to see him getting back in time & in condition to play

Atlanta
Miles Robinson is on the Gold Cup roster, carrying over from the Nations League roster.
Thiago Almada came off the bench for Argentina on Monday for a game against Indonesia - in Indonesia; hard to see him getting back in time.
Giakoumakis played 66' for Greece against France on Monday. He should be back in the states by today, but what can he contribute?
Luis Abram, a defender, was an unused substitute this morning for Peru at Japan; again, this is in Asia. He's not getting back.
Derrick Etienne is on the Gold Cup roster for Haiti.
Ajani Fortune, a midfielder, is on the Gold Cup roster for Trinidad & Tobago.

For Atlanta, Robinson, Almada, Gia and Etienne are regular starters. Fortune started the last game before the international break. Abram gets less time.

Reactions: Kjbert
Wow no MRob, Almada, GG…and I thought NYCFC was hurting from the int’l break.

Might have a shot in this one.

Oh wait this is NYCFC, we’ll play pretty good and then fall asleep on a long ball or a throw in or a set piece and inevitably give up a goal… that effectively eliminates the possibility of more than 1 point as NYCFC cannot score more than one goal a game.

Wow no MRob, Almada, GG…and I thought NYCFC was hurting from the int’l break.

Might have a shot in this one.

Oh wait this is NYCFC, we’ll play pretty good and then fall asleep on a long ball or a throw in or a set piece and inevitably give up a goal… that effectively eliminates the possibility of more than 1 point as NYCFC cannot score more than one goal a game.
Is there a team in MLS that falls asleep more than this squad? It really seems like a trait that even goes back to last season.
Maybe that is one of those every fan in the league feelings.

Is there a team in MLS that falls asleep more than this squad? It really seems like a trait that even goes back to last season.
Maybe that is one of those every fan in the league feelings.

I think every fan thinks this of their team. Most teams fall asleep at times. It's rare for a team to stay completely dialed in every game every minute all season long.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I think every fan thinks this of their team. Most teams fall asleep at times. It's rare for a team to stay completely dialed in every game every minute all season long.

I agree with this, and it feels more problematic for this NYCFC team because our anemic offense only averages 1 goal per game. The mental lapses aren't great but our inability to put the ball in the net more than once per game is the core problem.

Chanot is suspended for this game due to yellow card accumulation. I guess MLS moved the suspension to this match rather than Columbus because of internationally duty? That's a little suspect...

Chanot is suspended for this game due to yellow card accumulation. I guess MLS moved the suspension to this match rather than Columbus because of internationally duty? That's a little suspect...
Ugh. Probably means 3 at the back again... but no Sands this time right?

I can't speak to how this has universally been applied but the logic makes sense to me.

injury report lists him as out for international duty. who knows what is correct anymore!

The rule has long been that you can't serve a yellow card suspension when on international duty, although games scheduled like the ones tonight are hard to categorize.

On another point - Araujo is not playing tonight. He went back early to Brazil.

NYCFC scores more than one goal for the first time in forever and still can’t win. Worst team in MLS since mid—April.

Atlanta literally brought a teenager on from their reserves in the 87th minute and he scored. You have to laugh to not cry.

• Sad
Reactions: Vallos
We should feel ok about this, draw on the road, scored two goals.... but damn. Feels bad. We really needed that lucky win.

On to Portland, and another draw. At best. We have to start getting a win here or there at some point?

We should feel ok about this, draw on the road, scored two goals.... but damn. Feels bad. We really needed that lucky win.

On to Portland, and another draw. At best. We have to start getting a win here or there at some point?
Nah, we should have won. We had our “talent” and Atlanta had who?