• Win

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He only touched the ball 5 times while traveling 70 yards. Pretty incredible. Would love to see what his top speed was.
Flashes of Bale on that second touch past the defender and around him.
boring match though.It took the new signings to turn possession into offense.

DC were clearly the more organized and we'll coached team. They sat in their defensive blocks and we're rarely caught on transition outnumbered or out of shape. They got back fast and found their shape. We were lucky in a way, that they commited so many numbers up during the final minutes trying to get 3 points.

It took the pace and energy of our new signings together on the pitch to disorganize the DC defense. It was refreshing to see. DC basically eliminated Maxi the entire game but having Santi and Parks on along with Maxi gave us more midfield presence. Morales just isn't good enough going forward and not exactly a defensive rock as I think he doesn't pressure fast enough and turns his back... A lot.

I thought cacha had a good game. He was making lots of good passes and playing fairly good defense. Thought he had a solid performance overall and definitely plays better with parks than Morales.

Also love that one of the first people to run over and celebrate with Thiago was Taty coming off the bench.

Yes this was great to see.

I really enjoyed seeing Santi celebrate Parks's goal. He watches it go in and he just reacts with passion.. at least that's what I saw.. if I'm right, it's great to see him so invested in the squad already.

bonus: kiddos enjoying thiago's goal.. :D

Last edited:
.Spoke with some of the reps and found out the Billy's chaos regarding the season ticket bonus card pickup (food/merch money) was due to the Yankees not allowing them to setup a table within Yankee Stadium itself.

Really? NYCFC was able to set a pickup point inside of Red Bull Arena for one of the games (I didn’t pick it up because didn’t have time, but still.). I can’t believe the part owner of the team doesn’t let its own team set up a booth in their home stadium. Unbelievable.

at this point should just mail the bonus cards to people. It’s not that hard.

Lol, Seattle scored twice. He has no chance. One was a screamer, the other had a nice build up. Reason enough for Seattle fans to vote for whichever gets nominated.
Face it. Villa's midfield goal came in second to a pretty basic banger by somebody on Montreal. I said Montreal.
It's going to be Quinn Sullivan's bicycle kick goal for Philly.

Really? NYCFC was able to set a pickup point inside of Red Bull Arena for one of the games (I didn’t pick it up because didn’t have time, but still.). I can’t believe the part owner of the team doesn’t let its own team set up a booth in their home stadium. Unbelievable.

Given that it is a Yankee Stadium credit and that NYCFC has a customer service desk inside the great hall at every game, I'd find it hard to believe that they Yankees prevented them from doing anything.

I went to get my $150 merch credit at RBA and, because they only had $100s and no $50s, had to take a verbal IOU for $50.

• Angry
Reactions: moogoo

I think the Yankees reasoning was that due to COVID they didn't want a large group congregating in one specific area to get the cards. I agree, it doesn't make any sense but I figured it best to let everyone know that it wasn't NYCFC messing up but the Yankees preventing this from being easy, which it should be.

Hey, I'm just cutting and pasting.

"New York City FC left back Gudmundur Thorarinsson and CF Montréal center back Aljaz Struna complete the field players, with Struna scoring in a 1-1 draw at Nashville SC and Thorarinsson was fantastic in a late 2-1 win over D.C. United. "

Andrade made the bench. To be fair, he only played in one game.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Hey, I'm just cutting and pasting.

"New York City FC left back Gudmundur Thorarinsson and CF Montréal center back Aljaz Struna complete the field players, with Struna scoring in a 1-1 draw at Nashville SC and Thorarinsson was fantastic in a late 2-1 win over D.C. United. "

Andrade made the bench. To be fair, he only played in one game.
When I saw the image on instagram i actually gave a chuckle at that

Can someone tell me who the third runner on the Thiago goal was? I saw maxi and I couldn’t recognize the other player. That makes me think it’s Santi lol but I’m not sure

Can someone tell me who the third runner on the Thiago goal was? I saw maxi and I couldn’t recognize the other player. That makes me think it’s Santi lol but I’m not sure

Anyone notice Talles making a break to try and catch up with Thiago and then looks like he just decides, “nah, I’ll just hang back in case it comes this way again.” Admittedly, not a lot to go on but I’m thinking maybe he’s really not that match fit? He only came on in the 73rd minute.

Anyone notice Talles making a break to try and catch up with Thiago and then looks like he just decides, “nah, I’ll just hang back in case it comes this way again.” Admittedly, not a lot to go on but I’m thinking maybe he’s really not that match fit? He only came on in the 73rd minute.

yea i noticed that. he's definitely not match fit. he's coming back from a serious injury and probably not going 100% at training yet. it's going to take time for him and also time for heber when he returns too. but he's going to hit peak fitness in august so it'll be just like playing in brazil. he'll love it.

Reactions: VernonJohn