MLS - March 12 - Montreal (Home)

Popping in to say how lovely that win was today. I chickened out going due to the weather, but so much fun to watch. Really lifted my spirits after Spurs crushed them earlier in the afternoon.... Really excited that we've reloaded the roster with some young attacking talent.

M moogoo canchon canchon
ASA has the xG count for the game at a nearly even 2.14 for Montreal and 2.03 for NYCFC, with the difference being 0.5 more xG for NYCFC. We don't know reasons for the difference. ASA is pretty open about their models, though even for them there is some secret sauce, but I don't think we know all that much about Opta's model. But I think ASA tends to be more accurate.

Reactions: canchon and moogoo
It was a good game. We bossed the first half and then were really flat to start the second.

We also had some kind of defensive snafu that they were exploiting. I couldn’t quite put my finger on what, but it seemed to do with our right side. Maybe Jasson and Martins not quite being on the same page.

In short, their goal was coming.

Credit to our guys for reapplying themselves and finishing strong. Some of the little combinations we had in the final third were beauties to behold. Hopefully, we can continue to be that creative.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
It was a good game. We bossed the first half and then were really flat to start the second.

We also had some kind of defensive snafu that they were exploiting. I couldn’t quite put my finger on what, but it seemed to do with our right side. Maybe Jasson and Martins not quite being on the same page.

In short, their goal was coming.

Credit to our guys for reapplying themselves and finishing strong. Some of the little combinations we had in the final third were beauties to behold. Hopefully, we can continue to be that creative.
Montreal's 3 subs at the half had a lot to do with them coming out strong, and credit to Nancy for recognizing that their lineup needed a jolt. Then our third goal came after Ronnie chose our first subs but before they could come in. We settled down a few minutes after they came in, but I'm not sure if it was the subs, or just Montreal deflating after we raised the lead back to 2 goals.

I'll also jump on the Talles Magno bandwagon. His assist to Callens, the way he went up for his header, plus the pressure that led to Thiago's goal tells me he's been learning from Castellanos. Goal scorers are special, but goal scorers who lay off assists, have a killer aggressiveness, plus play defense are extra elite.

Also, nobody runs to hug the goal scorer faster than Andres Jasson.

Montreal's 3 subs at the half had a lot to do with them coming out strong, and credit to Nancy for recognizing that their lineup needed a jolt. Then our third goal came after Ronnie chose our first subs but before they could come in. We settled down a few minutes after they came in, but I'm not sure if it was the subs, or just Montreal deflating after we raised the lead back to 2 goals.

I'll also jump on the Talles Magno bandwagon. His assist to Callens, the way he went up for his header, plus the pressure that led to Thiago's goal tells me he's been learning from Castellanos. Goal scorers are special, but goal scorers who lay off assists, have a killer aggressiveness, plus play defense are extra elite.

Also, nobody runs to hug the goal scorer faster than Andres Jasson.

Talles is great in that regard but there were many many passes and runs when I was watching that I thought were weighted really poorly by him, but I know he's going to improve that and I think by the end of the season he could be #1 or #2 on the 22-under-22. (It would be REALLY on brand for him to be #2 on 22-under-22, push the dude wipes partnership to a whole new level)

Talles is great in that regard but there were many many passes and runs when I was watching that I thought were weighted really poorly by him, but I know he's going to improve that and I think by the end of the season he could be #1 or #2 on the 22-under-22. (It would be REALLY on brand for him to be #2 on 22-under-22, push the dude wipes partnership to a whole new level)
Yes, he's definitely has a ways to go. But you never know if a guy will expand his game or just get better at the things he already does.

i'm curious if it was a yankees requirement that the banner be same size as theirs?

it looks bigger than the pennants though, but im sure it was a size limitation. i do hope if there is a stadium some day that they change that make it a proper bigger banner.

Reactions: SoupInNYC