MLS - March 12 - Montreal (Home)

And yet now that I’m thinking about it, I’m concerned about Guatemala in 3 days…

GREAT to be at home, at last! I thought the guys played well, even though I missed the beginning of the second half up to our third goal because I got stuck in the team shop trying to buy a scarf.

For the most part, it seemed like we handled the press well, which should help us against Comunicaciones.

I also got a photo with the MLS Cup, which was a nice treat.

GREAT to be at home, at last! I thought the guys played well, even though I missed the beginning of the second half up to our third goal because I got stuck in the team shop trying to buy a scarf.

For the most part, it seemed like we handled the press well, which should help us against Comunicaciones.

I also got a photo with the MLS Cup, which was a nice treat.
Ian and joe praised the attendance despite the weather. I gotta say anyone that came out is a brave soul and die hard fan. I experienced similar temps for the inaugural opener and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone with the added windchill. My Floridian ass isn’t cut out for it. Glad the boys put on a show. Was a fun watch on tv and hopefully we can continue with the goal scoring.

That was so fun, and the team just looked effortless out there at times. I know MTL isn't one of the better teams we'll play, but that was a no-contest.

Talles Magno is going to have a monster season for us. That kid is the truth.

I know the banner is small, but I kind of like that it's on the same level and size of the Yankees' flags with the years on them. And it does look removable so they can take it to Citi Field (and hopefully RBA, that would just be funny).

It was freakin' cold out there.

Ian and joe praised the attendance despite the weather. I gotta say anyone that came out is a brave soul and die hard fan. I experienced similar temps for the inaugural opener and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone with the added windchill. My Floridian ass isn’t cut out for it. Glad the boys put on a show. Was a fun watch on tv and hopefully we can continue with the goal scoring.
All things considered, the weather was much better than expected, as there wasn't much precipitation during the game. It was just very very cold (even colder when you have a kid who wants to be outside starting minute one of warmups). It looked like it was going to be a real mess driving through the heavy snow from up North, and then a downpour closer to the Stadium, but then it somehow cooperated at the right time. And the fun of the game made it much more manageable. That was fun.

That was so fun, and the team just looked effortless out there at times. I know MTL isn't one of the better teams we'll play, but that was a no-contest.

Talles Magno is going to have a monster season for us. That kid is the truth.

I know the banner is small, but I kind of like that it's on the same level and size of the Yankees' flags with the years on them. And it does look removable so they can take it to Citi Field (and hopefully RBA, that would just be funny).

It was freakin' cold out there.
Magno is looking like he is progressing faster than Moore's Law. Guess we are seeing what was attractive to Liverpool.
Let's enjoy this while we can. When the attack is clicking this team looks really beautiful.

I think I heard the “sexy football” chant once or twice. It is so much fun watching Talles, santi, Taty and Maxi figure it out. The first two goals were pure class.

Reactions: Revfugee
Clubfoot had a couple of point blank misses that probably skewed the tally.

there were two huge opportunities that made up most of their xG, one in the first half around 15 min (I think it was the header sent wide that I was so sure was going in from the 200 level) and then the goal which was literally a tap in from 2 ft out. Those two chances must have made up at least 1 xG on their own.

there were two huge opportunities that made up most of their xG, one in the first half around 15 min (I think it was the header sent wide that I was so sure was going in from the 200 level) and then the goal which was literally a tap in from 2 ft out. Those two chances must have made up at least 1 xG on their own.
There was another that won't count as an xG because he whiffed, but one of them missed a cross while he crashed the far post right in front of a wide open net.
We hit from ~25, 18, and 15 yards because NYCFC finishes, as everyone has always said.

Magno is looking like he is progressing faster than Moore's Law. Guess we are seeing what was attractive to Liverpool.
Let's enjoy this while we can. When the attack is clicking this team looks really beautiful.

I think that's the thing for me -- we win while playing absolutely spectacular soccer. There are some teams in this league that win despite being, frankly, quite boring. Our team is thrilling to watch, especially at home. It seems like every time we play at Yankee Stadium, we put on a show.

It's great watching a winning team, but it's even better watching a winning team that's also thrilling to watch. We're really lucky.

can anyone comment on the concessions situation at YS? was everything open? did anybody notice if Mighty Quinns was open? They are by section 132.

Mighty Quinn’s was open. BUT no more pulled pork nachos!!! WTF?

Came here to add that in addition to overall bossing it today, Talles also applied key pressure that led to the pass that Thiago A. picked off to go in and score. Trying to restrain myself from engaging an idiot on Reddit who was knocking his play today. If he stays at this level he’s destined for club legend and we will say it started today. Nothing guaranteed but this was a breakthrough.

Did the same people making fun of our banner also make fun of Portland's small MLS Cup banner? See if you can find it. (Cool TIFO, though)

while small, their banner is probably 4 times the size of ours. our fit on that small bit of railing on the suite balcony.

I think they could have done a bit better, but it's not a big deal. We know we won. I think I read/heard someone say it matches the yankees banners? If they're all the same size then that makes sense.

Also, it's ok to keep the banner small since we expect to have a shit ton of them and there just wouldn't be enough space if they were huge.

while small, their banner is probably 4 times the size of ours. our fit on that small bit of railing on the suite balcony.

I think they could have done a bit better, but it's not a big deal. We know we won. I think I read/heard someone say it matches the yankees banners? If they're all the same size then that makes sense.

Also, it's ok to keep the banner small since we expect to have a shit ton of them and there just wouldn't be enough space if they were huge.

Yeah, this image you can see the banners they have on that level for the Yankees. Ours is actually, arguably, bigger than what they have for the Yankees' championship seasons.

1647138394412.png

Reactions: moogoo