MLS - March 12 - Montreal (Home)

My seats for tomorrow are under an overhang. LFG.
My regular seats are in Row 2.

I bought 3 extra seats in order to bring the full brood, and those are in the top row and covered.

When I saw the forecast this week, I downsized the brood to the hard core fans and sold the seats in front.

Still the big issue is going to be the cold & wind. The precip at kickoff should be frozen, so no worries about getting wet. Going to layer up in ski outfits.

Current weather:

giphy.gif

4 trains are being held for a long time due to an investigation at Bleecker Street. Ugh.

• Sad
Reactions: moogoo
we had 1.5 xG compared to montreal's 2.

Certainly didn't seem like it from watching. We seemed more dangerous on the whole.

overall, good game. a few defensive lapses but luckily weren't punished for them all.

still don't love morales + acevedo midfield. not having parks is very noticeable.

we were great in transition and fairly fluid in attack. just clean up our final passes and finishing and there will be no stopping us!

we are getting roasted so bad on our banner lol.

Last edited:
Hot takes from the D Train

Can’t wait to watch thi on TV again. I can’t really remember a match in which we have ever looked this effortlessly in control.
Thiago M has slotted right in and I think we will see little of Chanot from here on in, barring injury. He had one particular linebreaking pass that showed the solution to losing Sands. He was perfectly position most of the game and barking out orders with authority. This also frees Callens to take more liberties.
Maxi was doing Maxi things at a high Maxi level.
Keaton was very solid but had a couple of brain farts. Not worried at all.
Santi was very mobile and strong on the ball. And that chip…

Jasson had a good first half. Didn’t get beat and played a couple of nutmegs out of trouble (I suspect his cheek is what accounts for the fouling). My general thought was that he and Tayvon will do fine until Tinner comes back. That’s when we need to seriously assess next moves but they are cheap solutions and you don’t want to waste too much cap space on backup right backs.
Then he started to get owned early in the second half. I was about to reassess my thinking when he put that ball in that Talles finished. So I’m OK being patient with his and Tayvon’s development.

IMHO this was Talles’s coming out party. He was everywhere and when he gets on the ball you know something is brewing. His touch is excellent, he uses his body well, he wins duels and he’s starting to direct others to give him options (I.e. he is a team guy). And when he was finally presented with a header he could get some bite into, he buried it in traffic. If he plays like this all season he will be a Euro target before long.

Nice to see Thiago A. poach one. I still want to see him score off a pass from a teammate more often but it was a good, heads-up play.

We scored 4 without Taty Scoring! He was reallly hingry for a goal and I figured at some point he’d score out of sheer will. He played really well and deserved a goal.

The thing that concerns me most about Cacha and Fredo is discipline. Fredo doesn't scare me any more. I want to Cacha to make better decisions.

Ditto for Malte. Solid enough on D and gets forward well, but his balls in are often the wrong ones.

i wanted Heber to bury that one but he dummied to nowhere. Still reserving judgement until he’s had enough decent service to make a determination.

Believe it or not this was the first home opener I’ve been able to attend in our entire history. The weather sucked but it was glorious nonetheless.

This team plays with a lot of flair and it’s fun to watch. They really look like they are having fun.

Last edited:
Barring much change, this year is going to be even more fun than last year. I’m guessing there isn’t a single Ronny out poster (in the stands or on the forum) for the rest of his tenure here.