MLS - March 16 - Toronto (Home - YS)

i think nick stays even if we lose tonight. i think he'll stay until the new pieces have all had enough time to integrate thereby giving him a "true chance" with a full squad.

he'll get half a season at the very least, mostly because it's unlikely they have someone lined up to take his spot. they probably didn't foresee the team doing so poorly after a fairly strong finish last year.

i think nick stays even if we lose tonight. i think he'll stay until the new pieces have all had enough time to integrate thereby giving him a "true chance" with a full squad.
If the trend line continues, we should see about 60 good minutes tonight. If we do better than that, especially if we're good for the whole match, then we'll know things are really starting to click. 🙏

If the trend line continues, we should see about 60 good minutes tonight. If we do better than that, especially if we're good for the whole match, then we'll know things are really starting to click. 🙏
60 good minutes, about 1.5 xG, 0 actual goals, then an Insigne banger on a turnover and fall apart, followed by a press conference of “we had more chances and possession, we’re frustrated” by the donkey. NYCFC way, baby!

60 good minutes, about 1.5 xG, 0 actual goals, then an Insigne banger on a turnover and fall apart, followed by a press conference of “we had more chances and possession, we’re frustrated” by the donkey. NYCFC way, baby!
Unfortunately, that has been the way of it of late.

But hey, look at it this way: I was diagnosed with terminal cancer on Aug. 9, 2023. At the time I was hospitalized, had more lines running into my body than a Saturn V on the launch pad, weighed 151 lbs., could barely pick my head up off the pillow and looked like a homeless derelict with a Duck Dynasty beard.

This is me on my bike this past Thursday.

KevinBike.jpg

I'm right at my best weight of 197 lbs., all cleaned up, and had just gotten back from a doctor's appointment which went so well, the nurse practitioner got choked up and almost cried. "I now believe in miracles," she said.

Had I given up on the project of recovering in the early going, when things were going so badly, or my medicos or my friends and family had, I wouldn't be here right now.

By the same token, we shouldn't give up on our boys, our gaffer or our organization at this stage of our project just because it's rough right now. The goal is to become a perennial challenger for the MLS Cup and a habitual winner of tournament silverware. It's still in the early stages. And we can only get there by doing things the right way: step by step, in the right order, don't skip any steps. Even when it hurts.

And, most importantly, never give up. Never. Give. Up.

This message was brought to you by our sponsor, the Clifton Park Drama Club. ;)

I love all the optimism by everyone here. But I’m honestly at the point where I’d rather lose under another coach than win under Cushing. I just want him gone.

Reactions: canchon and JCMore

he'll get half a season at the very least, mostly because it's unlikely they have someone lined up to take his spot. they probably didn't foresee the team doing so poorly after a fairly strong finish last year.

If the results stay like this, he's not making it half the season. If they start 0-6, he might not make it to April.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
If the results stay like this, he's not making it half the season. If they start 0-6, he might not make it to April.
I think he needs to go 3W-3D-1L over the next seven games to be on track. That gives us 12 points at the conclusion of business in the revenge match against Charlotte April 27. If that's what we do, he's safe. Anything less than that and the seat is still pretty warm.

If we're 0W-0D-6L after our trip to Miami at the end of this month, it's hotter than a frying pan. Or an electric chair.

Last edited:
Reactions: canchon
Nick cools down his seat for a week. Let’s see where it is after trips to Cincy and Messiland.
It's going to be a roller coaster from now until the end of April. If we keep progressing, it will become more like a Ferris wheel over the middle part of the season. Then, if we're actually doing the right thing in the right way, we're zipping around in go carts over the last 10 games.

I’m very drunk. Lots to say about the game, but I’m “hijacking” the thread with a question…

They are showing stoppage time on the scoreboard at the end of each half in the stadium. Does anyone know if this is a new thing in the league? Is it a mistake by the people managing the in stadium clock? Seems strange to me

I’m very drunk. Lots to say about the game, but I’m “hijacking” the thread with a question…

They are showing stoppage time on the scoreboard at the end of each half in the stadium. Does anyone know if this is a new thing in the league? Is it a mistake by the people managing the in stadium clock? Seems strange to me
They did it at the home opener too

Reactions: Shwafta and twsj91

It is a new change to the rules that is being implemented this year.

It is new league wide policy.

Reactions: twsj91 and JCMore