MLS - March 9 - Portland (Home - YS)

Home Opener Weather and Transit Report™

Weather: Crappy LOL
50% chance of light rain at gametime, heading up to 80% as the match progresses, possibly gusty as well. Temps in the low 40s with feels-likes only in the upper 30s.
Recommended outfit: thermals and raingear

Transit: Good
Trains running normally, no scheduled work.

• Sad
Reactions: JayH and JCMore
REF: Esteban Rosano (College referee, 1 MLS match in 2024)
AR1: Fernando Pina (Indiana Soccer 2024 Male Referee of the Year)
AR2: Diego Armando Parra (Not sure, maybe refereed foreign matches years ago?)
4TH: Lorant Varga (Worked for PRO between 2017 - 2020, works for a scaffolding company)
VAR: TBD (Pretty sure it's just Mark Geiger just watching all the games at once)
AVAR: TBD

30 mins of improved play. not our very best by any means, but definitely improved.

bakrar worked hard and needs to work on his finishing with both feet! but i'll give him credit for the hustle today. for being stranded in the 2nd half as we parked the bus, he did well.

playing scared at home is the last thing we should be doing. coaching decision to sit back 2nd half or did the players get lazy? I didn't see cushing get up and yell (maybe he did) so i'm thinking coaching decision? especially with a haak sub at 70 mins for some reason.

I also don't understand why we are not finding santi more. Santi needs to come look for the ball too. He gets stranded on the wings and we end up relying on otoole to make something happen. we need santi to get involved with every attacking play.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Emotional Damage GIF by Jennifer Accomando

The ball was rolling on the restart that led to the game winning goal by Portland but that was the least of our problems.

Portland was +320. Another Cushing Masterclass. Another year of no playoffs.