Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Loss

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bumped. It starts already.
It's live on Yes2 (coverage starts at 12:30). And to be fair I've been grumping for years that Spectrum didn't carry Yes2 but it looks like they've added it this season. Channel 371 on my system.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Man did they change physical trainer? Team just collapsed with injuries now, its not just usual suspects either. Its not like they are playing three games a week

• Sad
Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
Man did they change physical trainer? Team just collapsed with injuries now, its not just usual suspects either. Its not like they are playing three games a week
This is what I was wondering. So many, all at once, mostly muscle/hamstring. Could be bad luck but hmm.

Reactions: Kjbert
Glad I waited until now to watch on Yes and they showed the f’ng score on the scroll on the bottom of the screen in the first minute of the broadcast. Amateur hour, so awful.

What a farce of a game that was by Toronto. We should have won that, many times over.
I should note I watched the game on replay while I'm here in Israel. Kinda glad I couldn't watch it live.

Parks was meh, again. I really like Medina recently. He's been very good, and today was no exception.
I think Shradi can go.

From the players we had on today, I thought most did really well, and I'm happy with how we played. Strange formation by Deila, but I guess it kinda worked?

Reactions: Revfugee and Kenny
Yeah shradi was disappointing again.

Shwafta Shwafta where you at in Israel?
Ugh ITS wasted a gorgeous move by Taty but ITS isn’t the reason we didn’t win today. Team should have kept their shit together. They were in disarray and let their guard down. Also not finishing when they should. Disappointing they lost but I thought overall they controlled the game.

Last edited:
I see a clear and obvious foul by Dwyer on Sands in the attacking phase of play. Video review? Nope. We got screwed multiple times during the match.

why the hell do we have VAR if it isn’t used in moments like this and Bono kicking it into Medina?

Reactions: Kjbert
So I’ve watched the non-goal call many times now. Medina was walking with his back to the goal and Bono sprints over and literally punts the ball right into him, it’s not as if Medina was facing Bono and ran over to interfere.

Supposedly the rule mongers are saying “well he jumped and if you jump it’s interference” - imagine you are just standing there and you see out of the corner of your eye Bono sprinting over and kicking the ball right at you. I’d flinch too and jump to get out of the way. This is a ridiculous application of the rule.

if things are so black or white, then a foul in the attacking phase would also nullify a goal...the Dwyer foul was much clearer than this play, and yet that was conveniently ignored.

I can count multiple times when NYCFC has gotten hosed like this - can anyone think of a time where an awful call like this went in nycfc’s favor?

Reactions: LionNYC
So I’ve watched the non-goal call many times now. Medina was walking with his back to the goal and Bono sprints over and literally punts the ball right into him, it’s not as if Medina was facing Bono and ran over to interfere.

Supposedly the rule mongers are saying “well he jumped and if you jump it’s interference” - imagine you are just standing there and you see out of the corner of your eye Bono sprinting over and kicking the ball right at you. I’d flinch too and jump to get out of the way. This is a ridiculous application of the rule.

if things are so black or white, then a foul in the attacking phase would also nullify a goal...the Dwyer foul was much clearer than this play, and yet that was conveniently ignored.

I can count multiple times when NYCFC has gotten hosed like this - can anyone think of a time where an awful call like this went in nycfc’s favor?

agree with all your points, but we have escape from a clear PK before as well. Clear handball by chanot in the box, toledo looked at the VAR monitor and waved it off.

Having some bad calls go your way is part of the game. But this game was FULL of horrendous calls. Yellows that weren't even fouls. Fouls that weren't even called. Linesmen who raised their flag the instant they THOUGHT it was offsides, whether it was close or not.

Ref was terrible, but we lost cause we didn't finish the chances we created and we lost our heads due to the bad reffing.

ITS has been pretty poor lately. Is it a lack of confidence or just a lack of playing? who knows? even medina needed a bunch of games under his belt to get his confidence back... so maybe that's what ITS needs.

Parks definitely lost this game mentally. All the bad calls really seemed to get to him and I also think he was just winded by the end of the game.

Also, ronny's press conf. he said the ref admitted he made a mistake??? WTF??

Reactions: Schwallacus
Every independent voice I've been able to find who knows what the laws say agree that the ref made the right call on the Bono - Medina play. Every single one. Find one who disagrees or this is a lot of whining. It looked terrible, because if Medina doesn't jump them Bono ran 10+ yards out of his way to kick the ball about 2 yards directly behind Medina and 6 inches over his head. I have no idea why he did that, it looks completely irrational, but it's not illegal. Then we lost control.

Johnson is doing us no favors. He's completely mediocre this year, and his only above average game was the one we scored 5 goals. Every close game he has failed to shine once and it has cost us points.

This is the first game where our shooters very much failed to convert when we should have.

If we had a goal called back because a player several yards away from the ball ran over someone he didn't see and neither player was involved in the play we'd have 6 pages of complaints about it.

Last edited:
Every independent voice I've been able to find who knows what the laws say agree that the ref made the right call on the Bono - Medina play. Every single one. Find one who disagrees or this is a lot of whining. It looked terrible, because if Medina doesn't jump them Bono ran 10+ yards out of his way to kick the ball about 2 yards directly behind Medina and 6 inches over his head. I have no idea why he did that, it looks completely irrational, but it's not illegal. Then we lost control.

Johnson is doing us no favors. He's completely mediocre this year, and his only above average game was the won we scored 5 goals. Every close he has failed to shine once and it has cost us points.

This is the first game where our shooters very much failed to convert when we should have.

If we had a goal called back because a player several yards away from the ball ran over someone he didn't see and neither player was involved in the play we'd have 6 pages of complaints about it.
I happen to agree, the Medina call, to me, looked the correct call. Medina turns around to see Bono there and has a few seconds to react, before jumping. I think it's the right decision. Idk why Bono ran where he did, but either way, Medina clearly had enough time to think and do what he did. (shrug)

I happen to agree, the Medina call, to me, looked the correct call. Medina turns around to see Bono there and has a few seconds to react, before jumping. I think it's the right decision. Idk why Bono ran where he did, but either way, Medina clearly had enough time to think and do what he did. (shrug)
I was livid at the stadium, but the replay was pretty clear — he turned his head, saw Bono and jumped. No question that was a foul.