MLS - October 2 - Cincinnati (RBA)

Highly motivated to sell my tickets for tonight’s match. Already posted in the ticket inquiry thread. 2 manager’s box seats. DM me if interested. Face value is $245. Will take below that.

I used my unused funds to upgrade to section 108c. I had no idea these were "premium seats" especially since the cost was relatively low. They have me entering through the vip entrance (so fancy) and going to the audi club. Does anyone know what I should be expecting when I'm there? Food? Drinks? Services? We've talked at length about the pitch side/legends at Yankee Stadium, but I have no clue what to expect from New Jersey. Just curious if I should eat before I go/what time I should arrive.

Edit: Never mind. I found some information online. Amazing what a quick google search can do for a person! Technology, am I right?

Last edited:
New York City FC vs FC Cincinnati
Red Bull Arena (7:30PM ET)
REF: Guido Gonzales Jr
AR1: Cory Richardson
AR2: Gianni Facchini
4TH: Jeremy Scheer
VAR: Daniel Radford
AVAR: Jonathan Johnson
NGL, I have no recollection of any matches with Guido. What's the word?

In observance of Rosh Hashanah, I will not be opening the chat tonight for the match.
If people are jonesing for a live chat, maybe SoupInNYC SoupInNYC or EganSoccerWords EganSoccerWords can start one on Substack. It's not as good as the live chat function here, but it works. I think it would only be for subscribers though, unless there's a way to make a Substack chat open to the public. I haven't tried it.

Hudson River Blue has a gameday thread, too. I'm almost certain it's only for paid subscribers.

And before I forget, L'shanah tovah tikateyvu to all who celebrate. (Apologies if that's not precise; that's how I learned it in Brooklyn ages ago.)

If people are jonesing for a live chat, maybe SoupInNYC SoupInNYC or EganSoccerWords EganSoccerWords can start one on Substack. It's not as good as the live chat function here, but it works. I think it would only be for subscribers though, unless there's a way to make a Substack chat open to the public. I haven't tried it.

Hudson River Blue has a gameday thread, too. I'm almost certain it's only for paid subscribers.

And before I forget, L'shanah tovah tikateyvu to all who celebrate. (Apologies if that's not precise; that's how I learned it in Brooklyn ages ago.)
Suppose then if people want the chat I'll just open it now and then maybe close it either tomorrow or Thursday afternoon.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Suppose then if people want the chat I'll just open it now and then maybe close it either tomorrow or Thursday afternoon.
Totally up to you. We've gotten by without it before, so if there's a religious objection to opening it at all, by all means save it for the next one. But if there isn't, I don't think it would break anything if you opened it early today and then closed it in the morning.

Hey so why is the officiating so consistently bad? It’s honestly embarrassing for the league. There should be no reason for referee decisions to play such a large role in the outcome of the game.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Hey so why is the officiating so consistently bad? It’s honestly embarrassing for the league. There should be no reason for referee decisions to play such a large role in the outcome of the game.

The league is improving at a faster rate than the officiating is my opinion. The refs that used to be good enough for MLS are being passed by and not replaced.

As for the game, I only saw from the 60th minute on, but from what I can gather we bossed it until Cincy took control and almost tied it. Hey, they don't ask how -- they only ask if you won. Any win against a team that good is a great result, I don't care how shaky it got late.

I sincerely hope some reporter asks why the match was stopped for discrimination. If it was the supporters shouting fluff Acosta, that is absolutely ridiculous, especially considering he STARTED it by antagonizing the supporters after his penalty goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuigrNYCFC
Cincinnati has more Away Wins than we have Home wins. That was a very high quality win.
When was the last time we beat Cincy? Before they were actually good? They have had our number for a Long time. Remembering the 3-0 beat down last year, 4-2, the 3-1 win at YS, etc etc

Reactions: Revfugee
stress end to the game. i can't understand how professional players don't know how to manage the end of the game. several times we had the opportunity to take it to the corner and/or keep it in the corner and we decide to stop and go toward OUR goal or try to attack when there's nothing on. i just can't understand it.

if not for a martinez wonder strike, that game's a draw.

and what the serious hell was up with gray tonight? he comes on and decides he's playing a pickup game and not taking thing seriously. making stupid mistakes, taking stupid cards and committing stupid fouls.

i hope martins is ok. he made a lot of mistakes after his injury so i can only imagine it is bothering him. maybe nick rests him on saturday...

Reactions: Gene and canchon
I nearly burst a blood vessel yelling at this shit ref to blow the whistle. 13 minutes was insane.

Proud of the guys for continuing to fight. Ilenič's goal was a peach. I thought we dominated for the first 70 and then hung on. Three points against a quality opponent. Let's keep it up.

stress end to the game. i can't understand how professional players don't know how to manage the end of the game. several times we had the opportunity to take it to the corner and/or keep it in the corner and we decide to stop and go toward OUR goal or try to attack when there's nothing on. i just can't understand it.

if not for a martinez wonder strike, that game's a draw.

and what the serious hell was up with gray tonight? he comes on and decides he's playing a pickup game and not taking thing seriously. making stupid mistakes, taking stupid cards and committing stupid fouls.

i hope martins is ok. he made a lot of mistakes after his injury so i can only imagine it is bothering him. maybe nick rests him on saturday...
Gray looked to be goofing off in warm ups and generally not taking the game seriously from the start.

• Sad
Reactions: Revfugee and moogoo
The league is improving at a faster rate than the officiating is my opinion. The refs that used to be good enough for MLS are being passed by and not replaced.

As for the game, I only saw from the 60th minute on, but from what I can gather we bossed it until Cincy took control and almost tied it. Hey, they don't ask how -- they only ask if you won. Any win against a team that good is a great result, I don't care how shaky it got late.
You can take a rosy look at the outcome but it is unquestionably embarrassing how this game was officiated. I think as supporters we should make a formal request to the league office to be better. I honestly don’t think it’s even debatable at this point how poor the officiating has been. We as fans and the players deserve better. It’s well within our rights to demand more from the league in a formal way. It can’t go on this way.

Reactions: KevinJRogers