Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Chicago Fire FC
Saturday, October 21 6 PM ET
Red Bull Arena Citi Field
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

I much prefer Yankee Stadium over Citi Field. That being said, both are better than RBA.

Quite fascinating to me that they chose Citi Field over Yankee Stadium. Makes me wonder if they are going to start playing even more games in Queens next year. Will it be even more of an even split, or will they even prioritize Citi Field?

Reactions: Gene
If you are a season ticket holder who opted out of Red Bull Arena games, I think you need to buy for this one.
Yup, I checked everywhere and no emails or mentions on the site or in the app. So I bought one in 135 row 6 for $7 since I had credits left over from my opt-outs. Not a bad deal, but would have been nice if the club emailed the opt-outers before making any announcements, ya know? Happy to be going to the match, but some still (as always it seems) a little annoyed with the club LOL

Reactions: mgarbowski
couldn't they do like 7:30pm?!?!? sabbath ends at 7:20ish then. They always schedule saturday night games JUST before sundown. major ugh.

couldn't they do like 7:30pm?!?!? sabbath ends at 7:20ish then. They always schedule saturday night games JUST before sundown. major ugh.
I think this has been the standard for Decision Day for a while. East Conference games at 6 ET, West Conference at 9 ET. Tough for you but I get the TV and media logic.

Quite fascinating to me that they chose Citi Field over Yankee Stadium. Makes me wonder if they are going to start playing even more games in Queens next year. Will it be even more of an even split, or will they even prioritize Citi Field?
The club wants to prioritize Citi Field going forward. Not sure what other factors, commitments, developments impact it, but in a vacuum they'd probably move all their games to Citi.

(I)n a vacuum they'd probably move all their games to Citi.
Personally, I would love this. There just seems to be a better atmosphere around Citi Field than over in the Bronx. Maybe I'm mistaken but viewed from up here that very much seems to be the case, both for the squad and for the supporters.

Plus, Flushing Meadows/Corona Park is our home now anyway. The more time we spend there, the better.

Yup, I checked everywhere and no emails or mentions on the site or in the app. So I bought one in 135 row 6 for $7 since I had credits left over from my opt-outs. Not a bad deal, but would have been nice if the club emailed the opt-outers before making any announcements, ya know? Happy to be going to the match, but some still (as always it seems) a little annoyed with the club LOL
I got an email saying that I had to opt back in within 48hours to keep my normal citi seats and they would charge my card on file (-minus any credits I had)

I got an email saying that I had to opt back in within 48hours to keep my normal citi seats and they would charge my card on file (-minus any credits I had)
When they published the announcement I looked for an email. Finding none, I reread the announcement and saw that tickets went on sale at 2pm. So I signed into my account and was surprised to see that my seat was not available. Already? So fast? So I bought another seat 2 rows back. While I was doing that they sent out the email telling me they were holding my seat for me.

The club wants to prioritize Citi Field going forward. Not sure what other factors, commitments, developments impact it, but in a vacuum they'd probably move all their games to Citi.
So we are leaving YS because the Yankees blocked the BX stadium, to start paying rent to the guy who is trying to block our Queens stadium. That seems very on point for our FO.

Reactions: JCMore
When they published the announcement I looked for an email. Finding none, I reread the announcement and saw that tickets went on sale at 2pm. So I signed into my account and was surprised to see that my seat was not available. Already? So fast? So I bought another seat 2 rows back. While I was doing that they sent out the email telling me they were holding my seat for me.
Same with me. The original announcement said "on sale at 2pm" so I bought a ticket on my own. Then two hours later I got the email saying we could re-buy our seats and that tickets wouldn't go on sale to the public for a couple of days.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha
Reactions: mgarbowski
I much prefer Yankee Stadium over Citi Field. That being said, both are better than RBA.

why YS over citi? Legends and pitch side? cause for the rest of us, citi is so much better!

Reactions: 413Blue
why YS over citi? Legends and pitch side? cause for the rest of us, citi is so much better!

The behind-the-goal seating is also better at Yankee Stadium. The netting at Citi Field is much bigger and harder to see through if you're in the low rows.

At Yankee, those sections under the supporters' section is great, and the 200 level behind the first-base goal is right on top of the action.

Parking, concessions, entrance is all better at Citi, leaving is better at Yankee. I probably prefer Citi Field all things considered, but I feel like it's harder to find a good seat at a good price than it is at Yankee Stadium.