MLS - October 21 - Chicago (Home)

1) Talles and Santi played very well last night. Bakrar may or may not be our nine, but those two work off a nine a lot better than not having one/being one. It’s really night and day, especially for Talles.
2) Fernandez is a baller and his goal was fucking sublime. I can’t wait to see what comes next
3) I wanted Luis to be our #1 keeper but Freeze has definitely earned the spot. He kept us in the game and I was impressed by his performance last night and for the past couple weeks.
4) we may have begun to see our new defensive and offensive spines for in the past couple weeks. Hopefully they form a more cohesive group this offseason. The attack needs a system. We have a lot of solid parts but imagine them working together as a unit. It could be very impressive. That is all I have to say about this game and probably this season.

Give us a full report!
It was awesome. Standard ballpark fare for food but it was fresh and good quality (hot dogs and sauerkraut, Italian sandwiches, chicken tenders, pasta, sliders, etc), beer selection was not great but a friend and I went down to the plebe terraces :D to get some better (Montauk) at halftime. Enjoyed chatting with the CFG folks. Jon Stemp is a force of nature. Turns out he is a Fulham fan. They have been laser focused on the stadium and were very appreciative of the work we did to get it over the line. I think they envision big things for it, including a NWSL team, a second division mens team and more.

p.s. glad the beer garden is finally out in the public domain, that was something hard to keep quiet about haha

It was awesome. Standard ballpark fare for food but it was fresh and good quality (hot dogs and sauerkraut, Italian sandwiches, chicken tenders, pasta, sliders, etc), beer selection was not great but a friend and I went down to the plebe terraces :D to get some better (Montauk) at halftime. Enjoyed chatting with the CFG folks. Jon Stemp is a force of nature. Turns out he is a Fulham fan. They have been laser focused on the stadium and were very appreciative of the work we did to get it over the line. I think they envision big things for it, including a NWSL team, a second division mens team and more.

p.s. glad the beer garden is finally out in the public domain, that was something hard to keep quiet about haha
That’s awesome, thanks for sharing! Have you shared your role in the process (only asking in case I missed it along the way, not to prompt the info if you are keeping it on the DL)?

That’s awesome, thanks for sharing! Have you shared your role in the process (only asking in case I missed it along the way, not to prompt the info if you are keeping it on the DL)?
I did share it, about a year ago, but yeah I work for a planning/environmental/engineering consulting firm that is kind of the go-to firm for environmental review in the City. We worked on the training facility for the club in Orangeburg and have been involved in the stadium search since the beginning. I myself personally do mostly mapping, spatial data analysis, 3D modeling-- I do the shadow studies for most projects, including this one, and visual simulations (but the architect did those for this project)

So now that the DEIS is certified, my role is pretty much over--there will be a scramble in a couple months to get the Final EIS over the line incorporating responses to public and City agency comments, and then... back to just being a regular fan haha

I did share it, about a year ago, but yeah I work for a planning/environmental/engineering consulting firm that is kind of the go-to firm for environmental review in the City. We worked on the training facility for the club in Orangeburg and have been involved in the stadium search since the beginning. I myself personally do mostly mapping, spatial data analysis, 3D modeling-- I do the shadow studies for most projects, including this one, and visual simulations (but the architect did those for this project)

So now that the DEIS is certified, my role is pretty much over--there will be a scramble in a couple months to get the Final EIS over the line incorporating responses to public and City agency comments, and then... back to just being a regular fan haha
For the shadow studies, for the translucent group of the fan base, is there a preferred section of the new stadium that you think would be beneficial to them for those rare non 7pm games.

Reactions: Vallos