MLS - October 21 - Chicago (Home)

Yes, the Pitchside and Legends experience is much better at Yankee Stadium. I'll also say personally it's a much shorter journey and just one train/subway versus two.

100% agree on legends. the difference between the two is massive. It's not even close.

Citifield > Yankee Stadium purely due to the Goya nachos stand. It's a complete travesty/conspiracy that Yankee Stadium has not served a single cheese covered tortilla chip during NYCFC games for all these years.

• Haha
Reactions: gbservis and JCMore
This game will be meaningless if...
1. Chicago get a win/tie tonight versus Charlotte (Charlotte won 2-0)
OR
2. Charlotte win at Miami on October 18

---
To qualify for the 9th seed (and only the 9th seed)...
0. Charlotte tie/lose at Miami on October 18
1. Win vs. Chicago on Decision Day
2. Red Bulls lose at Nashville on Decision Day
3. Charlotte tie/lose vs. Miami on Decision Day

If all 4 of those things happen, we're in the playoffs. 2% chance says PlayoffStatus.com

Reactions: canchon
Whatever happens in this game, we should support the players afterwards. Unless you believe guys didn't give effort this season, the players did nothing wrong. Boo the organization, voice your frustration with the coaching staff, all good. But if this is going to be the last home game of the season, let's clap the players off the field. We won with class in 2021, we can lose with class in 2023.

Whatever happens in this game, we should support the players afterwards. Unless you believe guys didn't give effort this season, the players did nothing wrong. Boo the organization, voice your frustration with the coaching staff, all good. But if this is going to be the last home game of the season, let's clap the players off the field. We won with class in 2021, we can lose with class in 2023.
Well, Nick Cushing is going to walk right off the field so fans won't have time to boo him. David Lee won't show his face publicly. Nobody from CFG is going to be at the match.

Citifield > Yankee Stadium purely due to the Goya nachos stand. It's a complete travesty/conspiracy that Yankee Stadium has not served a single cheese covered tortilla chip during NYCFC games for all these years.
Actually, what’s worse is that they DID serve nachos until they inexplicably stopped this last season. Mighty Quinn’s burnt ends Nachos were as delicious as they were arterially destructive.

Reactions: moogoo
Well, Nick Cushing is going to walk right off the field so fans won't have time to boo him. David Lee won't show his face publicly. Nobody from CFG is going to be at the match.

If we're already eliminated (which is quite possible), we will have 90 minutes to display our anger at Nick Cushing.

Instead of Chanot kits, we all should wear 2015 black kits because we're morning the season.

EDIT:

Pop Tv Hope GIF by Schitt's Creek
Michelle Obama Hope GIF by Obama
barack obama hope GIF by Obama

I Hope Friendship GIF by Hallmark Channel
Season 8 Hope GIF by THE NEXT STEP
Jason Sudeikis Good Luck GIF by Apple TV+

Last edited:
Reactions: JCMore and Dnigly13
I just hope this match doesn't have parallels to the Ted Lasso series finale...no spoilers.

Gameday Weather and Transit Report, brought to you by Morning Downpours™ and disappointing 7 train service

Occasional heavy rain in the morning should be ending by noon. Temps at kickoff in the mid to upper 50s. Sunset at 6:08pm.

No 7 service between 34th Street-Hudson Yards and Queensboro Plaza this weekend. Trains run between Queensboro Plaza and Flushing-Main Street every 8 minutes.

Options:
• Change to the 7 at Queensboro Plaza by taking special weekend W trains (until 7pm) or take the N train
• Take the E/F/R to Roosevelt Av and change to the 7 there
• From midtown take the LIRR Port Washington Branch from Penn Station (17 after the hour) or Grand Central (29 after the hour) to Mets-Willets Point. 20 minutes, $8.25 each way if you get you ticket before boarding the train.

Anyone not seeing their tickets in the app? (Yes, I did opt in and pay for this game)

Reactions: gbservis
Anyone not seeing their tickets in the app? (Yes, I did opt in and pay for this game)
These tickets seemed different from the usual ones. I've had to go to the app and then log in each time to see the ticket, but up until just now it was a "live moving" barcode that couldn't be loaded into the Wallet app. I tried it again just now and it seemed to work the old way though and it's now in my Wallet, so I think they did something to fix it recently.

Reactions: gbservis and JayH
These tickets seemed different from the usual ones. I've had to go to the app and then log in each time to see the ticket, but up until just now it was a "live moving" barcode that couldn't be loaded into the Wallet app. I tried it again just now and it seemed to work the old way though and it's now in my Wallet, so I think they did something to fix it recently.
Thanks!

Reactions: Seth
Also I’m still recovering from something that hit me on Monday and I’m going to watch from home. If anyone wants 1 ticket in sec 335 just let me know.

Upgraded (at least it cost more CFG bucks)my tickets for this match and now have a conflict. 2 tickets in Section128 up for grabs.