MLS - October 23 - D.C. (Home)

This definitely makes me think Ronny still has the locker room. And team cohesion is at an all time high
Yeah, I have to say that it's encouraging. I wish no ill will on Ronny and if the team is behind him... they should know better than any of us.
The question I have is if Ronny made strategic changes for the D.C. game that resulted in a powerful and sparkling performance, What the #&$% was going on over the last two and a half months?

Yeah, I have to say that it's encouraging. I wish no ill will on Ronny and if the team is behind him... they should know better than any of us.
The question I have is if Ronny made strategic changes for the D.C. game that resulted in a powerful and sparkling performance, What the #&$% was going on over the last two and a half months?

Every team in every sport slumps. Sometimes it's bad, and sometimes it's really bad. This one was really bad. Hopefully they've snapped out of it just in the nick of time. It was 10 games which is a long time, but they played 7 of those 10 games on the road and only one of them at Yankee Stadium, which maybe explains it considering their season-long struggles on the road.

Reactions: Shwafta
This definitely makes me think Ronny still has the locker room. And team cohesion is at an all time high
"Coach has lost the locker room" is usually one of the first things said about any coach in any sport when results are bad and it's almost always based on nothing other than hyper-analyzing players' facial expressions from specific camera shots while ignoring others. And sometimes it's not even based on that.

"Coach has lost the locker room" is usually one of the first things said about any coach in any sport when results are bad and it's almost always based on nothing other than hyper-analyzing players' facial expressions from specific camera shots while ignoring others. And sometimes it's not even based on that.
I agree, without naming names because I honestly can’t remember who and I don’t really want to through other people under the bus, I thought the calls that Ronny lost the locker seemed really off base. Every video shows the players acting more like friends than teammates. That kind of culture has to be built. And I think it’s only gotten stronger over the last 2 years. Just because they were playing poorly doesn’t mean there’s a misconnect between the players and coaching staff. Could be a poor game plan, poor execution, or hell just bad luck. Could also be a mix of all three and of course, other factors.

Every team in every sport slumps. Sometimes it's bad, and sometimes it's really bad. This one was really bad. Hopefully they've snapped out of it just in the nick of time. It was 10 games which is a long time, but they played 7 of those 10 games on the road and only one of them at Yankee Stadium, which maybe explains it considering their season-long struggles on the road.

nycfc is 5-1-1 with a +20 GD at YS this year.
NYCFC is 4-2-2 with a +3 GD at RBA this year.

YS matters, which makes it even worse in that 10 game stretch where 7 were on the road - in the only YS game NYCFC lost to RBNJ.

Last edited: