MLS - October 23 - D.C. (Home)

We scored so quickly and often that I couldn't even get started with a "Ronny Out" cheer.

The guys came out blasting tonight. Incredible effort throughout the match. That's all I ask for.

Reactions: Shwafta
And hardly any people :(
Bill Hamid was better on the night. It could have been 10.

Taty was pissed that he was subbed out.

Jasson just starred at Medina when he was being subbed in.
I don’t see how you could say Hamid had a better night when SJ kept a clean sheet and Hamid coughed up a howler in the first five minutes, left a rebound in Maxis path for a sitter and let Medina’s shot go under him. Sure Hamid made some good saves but he most definitely did not have a better game than SJ. Even if you cut him slack on the Maxi and Medina goals and three others, all things being equal we still win 1-0.

Last edited:
Taty was pissed that he was subbed out.
Taty was pissed that Callens stole his hat-trick goal.
If you go watch the full replay of the goal, when they cut to the angle from the camera at the corner flag you see Callens running to celebrate and over his shoulder you catch Taty looking not very pleased.

That was awesome. What a performance. We needed that so badly.

Not only was that sign visible on the field, it was very visible on YES all night. I'll be honest, I think it's garbage. If they're losing? Sure, whip it out. When they're winning 6-0, put that damn sign away. I understand the general frustration with the organization, but it's garbage to be waving that sign around as they score goal after goal in a club-record performance.

Also, wanting David Lee fired even though he's put together this really good roster is pretty silly. Tells me people don't know what they're talking about.

That was awesome. What a performance. We needed that so badly.

Not only was that sign visible on the field, it was very visible on YES all night. I'll be honest, I think it's garbage. If they're losing? Sure, whip it out. When they're winning 6-0, put that damn sign away. I understand the general frustration with the organization, but it's garbage to be waving that sign around as they score goal after goal in a club-record performance.

Also, wanting David Lee fired even though he's put together this really good roster is pretty silly. Tells me people don't know what they're talking about.

Yea. Agree it is pretty stupid to keep the sign up when we are destroying DC. If we were losing and playing horribly, sure. Even the red bulls supporters put their sign away when they stole the first derby from us. Guess some of our supporters just wanted to be on TV

Reactions: Revfugee
Yea. Agree it is pretty stupid to keep the sign up when we are destroying DC. If we were losing and playing horribly, sure. Even the red bulls supporters put their sign away when they stole the first derby from us. Guess some of our supporters just wanted to be on TV

Right -- had we been playing poorly tonight, absolutely. Protest all you want. Chant, wave flags, get people's attention. I completely get it even pregame. But at 5-0? That's just being obnoxious. I want fans to set standards high, and this slump has been brutal, but the message gets lost when you're being unreasonable.

The banner was also oddly personal. They were waving it outside the employee entrance where players/coaches enter before the game. Point made, but I really don't think that sort of thing is helpful right now as they try to make the playoffs and go on a run. We need to get behind this team and push them to do it.

Reactions: Revfugee
Right -- had we been playing poorly tonight, absolutely. Protest all you want. Chant, wave flags, get people's attention. I completely get it even pregame. But at 5-0? That's just being obnoxious. I want fans to set standards high, and this slump has been brutal, but the message gets lost when you're being unreasonable.

The banner was also oddly personal. They were waving it outside the employee entrance where players/coaches enter before the game. Point made, but I really don't think that sort of thing is helpful right now as they try to make the playoffs and go on a run. We need to get behind this team and push them to do it.
Maybe the banner lit the fire under their collective tuchus.
Didn’t look like the same team we’ve agonized over for the past two and a half months. Were they that good or was DC that bad? They looked as sharp as my memory can recall. I thought Parks made some real high quality passes. I think he’s been terrific this season. Talles has also looked stronger, quicker and more decisive in the past two games. Regarding Heber, it seemed Hamid was like “I may give up a lot of goals tonight but I will not let the bald guy score.” If it was 2019 Heber would have scored 4 last night.

Reactions: danger
Magno - Someone has to tell him not to hotdog up 6-0. I'm surprised no one on DC tried to take a piece out of him.

Magno - Someone has to tell him not to hotdog up 6-0. I'm surprised no one on DC tried to take a piece out of him.

It was great. It's what fans want to see. And it wasn't that bad. Taty has done the same thing at lesser scorelines and no one thought it was disrespectful.

It’s not fair to give credit for a game like this to a single person, but…

I did dust off the long-sleeve inaugural season Lampard kit last night for the first time since he left…

Anyone notice that the team/league didn’t report attendance for the game? Probably the lightest crowd I’ve seen for a non-unusual circumstances weekend game in 7 years.

Taty was pissed that Callens stole his hat-trick goal.
If you go watch the full replay of the goal, when they cut to the angle from the camera at the corner flag you see Callens running to celebrate and over his shoulder you catch Taty looking not very pleased.
Taty got over it.
IMG_0597.jpg

Anyone notice that the team/league didn’t report attendance for the game? Probably the lightest crowd I’ve seen for a non-unusual circumstances weekend game in 7 years.

I get to the game at the usual time, 20ish or so minutes before kickoff - and wait there is no line to get in. Go into the great hall - empty. No concession line whatsoever (either during the game or at halftime).

yeah, it was pitiful attendance for this game. I agree for a Saturday night weekend game it was one of the lowest I’ve ever seen.

These are what I think were firsts from last night. Someone better at research, please fact check me:
  • Most goals (6)
  • Most players scoring (5)
  • Fastest to 2 goals (7')
  • Fastest to 3 goals (11')
The first 2 are correct. I don't know of a way to check the latter 2 that isn't extremely tedious.You probably need access to a paid stat subscription.

It’s not fair to give credit for a game like this to a single person, but…

I did dust off the long-sleeve inaugural season Lampard kit last night for the first time since he left…

i don't think the team/league has been reporting attendance for any of our YS games.. which is why we haven't had the guess the attendance thingies.

multiple reasons for the low/sad attendance:

1) remaining covid concerns
2) lost faith in the team and didn't want to make the trip/time for a pitiful performance
3) no 7-train service between QBP and manhattan, adding extra inconvenience and time of shuttle buses or using alternative trains for queens based supporters who are already thinking twice about making the trip to the bronx to watch a team who has been struggling.

Last edited:
i don't think the team/league has been reporting attendance for any of our YS games.. which is why we haven't had the guess the attendance thingies.

2) lost faith in the team and didn't want to make the trip/time for a pitiful performance
3) no 7-train service between QBP and manhattan, adding extra inconvenience and time of shuttle buses or using alternative trains for queens based supporters who are already thinking twice about making the trip to the bronx to watch a team who has been struggling.

cold and somewhat rainy weather (there were a few drops before the game) also didn’t help.

Also moved from RBA so if you weren’t a STH you certainly weren’t buying tix to this match far in advance.

Reactions: canchon
These are what I think were firsts from last night. Someone better at research, please fact check me:
  • Most goals (6)
  • Most players scoring (5)
  • Fastest to 2 goals (7')
  • Fastest to 3 goals (11')

The whole time I was thinking please get 8 just to erase the current mark of most goals scored by any team in an NYCFC game. I started to wonder if any of the current players know about that dark spot in our history or even care. I was thinking maybe Mehdi Ballouchy would tell them to try for 8.