MLS - October 27 - Chicago (Home)

To the eye. Parks has looked really good. I keep saying that cause I’ve been tough on him in the past. Don’t know what the stats say but his game seems to have elevated quite a bit this year. Kudos to Keaton.

Reactions: Revfugee
Good game. We could have lost that against a team that actually has scoring power. 'tis all

To the eye. Parks has looked really good. I keep saying that cause I’ve been tough on him in the past. Don’t know what the stats say but his game seems to have elevated quite a bit this year. Kudos to Keaton.
He has been extremely good on the ball. Very seldom loses control and makes good decisions and passes. He’s finally been a threat in the air and that shot in the second half was a fantastic strike. Very unlucky not to have scored there. IMHO he’s low-key been our most consistent performer all year and his few absences have underscored his value. I was very lukewarm on him before this year but he has really stepped up.

By the way, I watched Alfredo tonight and he had quite a lot of great heading interceptions, and generally played well.

Very weird question at 1:54 asking for "Ronny's connection with the fans" - he says that earlier in the season at some wins we'd get the Ronny roar and now and DC we didn't. He said that he does it when he feels like it, and he is just looking to get into the playoffs right now. I'm almost 100% sure it's actually because of the ronny/sims/lee out sign.

That was ugly, but it was a win and that's all that matters.

I still firmly believe that we are better than our results this season. Maybe we lose in the first round, but I really think it's possible they go on a run. This team has some serious potential. Maybe we hit it this year, maybe it's next year, but this team is building something. I'm not really saying this based off tonight's performance, but I just feel really good about where the team is going on the field.

Reactions: JCMore
I'm still confused about Ronny's use of subs. We have a match on Saturday yet we only used 3 subs last night. Heber will play 15 minutes one match, then not play at all the next. I don't know enough about returning from an ACL injury but he seems to be healthy, why isn't the club increasing his minutes?

Reactions: Shwafta
I'm still confused about Ronny's use of subs. We have a match on Saturday yet we only used 3 subs last night. Heber will play 15 minutes one match, then not play at all the next. I don't know enough about returning from an ACL injury but he seems to be healthy, why isn't the club increasing his minutes?
I often have issues with our subs and the timing of them, but I generally liked them last night. Jasson is the perfect game killer and demonstrated that, playing to space, drawing fouls, running the clock etc. I would bring him late in every close game. It looked like Andrade was gassed (and seemed to have tweaked something earlier) and Parks may have had an issue (I believe he went to the locker room), so those made sense. As for Heber, he looked better last game, but I suspect he's still not at 100 per, so I would prefer not getting him his minutes up in a close game. And I don't think you worry too much about rotation and resting players, especially in close important games - play the game in front of you and don't worry about the next.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Was also hoping to see Heber get some minutes, hoping he can be in form for the playoffs.

I often have issues with our subs and the timing of them, but I generally liked them last night. Jasson is the perfect game killer and demonstrated that, playing to space, drawing fouls, running the clock etc. I would bring him late in every close game. It looked like Andrade was gassed (and seemed to have tweaked something earlier) and Parks may have had an issue (I believe he went to the locker room), so those made sense. As for Heber, he looked better last game, but I suspect he's still not at 100 per, so I would prefer not getting him his minutes up in a close game. And I don't think you worry too much about rotation and resting players, especially in close important games - play the game in front of you and don't worry about the next.
Parks did go to the locker room. Per Ronny, both Parks and Thiago were dealing with cramps and neither should be considered serious.

By the way, I watched Alfredo tonight and he had quite a lot of great heading interceptions, and generally played well.

I agree Morales and Parks both played well and controlled the midfield, our challenges last night seemed to mostly be with finishing by the attackers. I'm coming around on Morales, looking at his salary against the current roster his $600K seems steep, but he seems like a bargain compared to Ring at $1M. He may not be as good as peak Ring but he's much better than aging/often injured Ring from last season.

Reactions: Shwafta and JayH
We won the expected goals last night by 1.9-0.4, according to 538.

Chicago did have some good chances - especially the two early in the first half. The Fire had 5 shots on goal to our 4, but only 9 shots overall to our 19. Plus, we had 2 shots hit the post, which don't count as a shot on goal, and Maxi's close offside call, which doesn't count in any of the foregoing stats.

I think offisde as well. And credit to VAR for not doing the line stuff, because it's NOT clear and obvious at all. Therefore, regardless of if he's onside or not, the call on the field should and did stand.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I think offisde as well. And credit to VAR for not doing the line stuff, because it's NOT clear and obvious at all. Therefore, regardless of if he's onside or not, the call on the field should and did stand.
from that angle, Maxi is offsides.