Mls Player Waiver Deadline - Wed, June 30

As you will see below, today is a big one for players, clubs and fans. Let's share news and speculation here.

It's all speculation as MLS doesn't have (to my knowledge) a list anywhere with who's contract is guaranteed and who's isn't.

My guesses for non guaranteed:

Pablo Alvarez
RJ Allen
Kwadwo Poku
Connor Brandt

The reason I think that is because they all come from lower divisions or leagues or in Connor's case, college.

I think the only one in danger of being cut from that list is Alvarez because he takes up an international spot.

It's all speculation as MLS doesn't have (to my knowledge) a list anywhere with who's contract is guaranteed and who's isn't.

My guesses for non guaranteed:

Pablo Alvarez
RJ Allen
Kwadwo Poku
Connor Brandt

The reason I think that is because they all come from lower divisions or leagues or in Connor's case, college.

I think the only one in danger of being cut from that list is Alvarez because he takes up an international spot.
Yeah I agree it looks likely that Pablo Alvarez and Brandt are on their way out. RJ has played so much lately I have a tough time thinking he'll leave.

I'd also add these two as possibles.
Kwame Watson-Siriboe
Sebastian Velasquez

Clearly this club isn't exactly player friendly or oriented nor do they do a good job connecting with fans.

Yet, we're still here rooting for them day in and day out.

Reactions: Kjbert
Akira Fitzgerald was quoted about being excited to be on the team with Irola the day before he got the boot, so I wouldn't put it past them.
ah yes i recall that now, so you are right. I guess they should of told him or cut him before that event.

Clearly this club isn't exactly player friendly or oriented nor do they do a good job connecting with fans.

Yet, we're still here rooting for them day in and day out.

meh the knicks are a worse mess and yet i still cheer for them even though we have sucked in like forever.

Akira Fitzgerald was quoted about being excited to be on the team with Irola the day before he got the boot, so I wouldn't put it past them.
Fitzgerald was interviewed by a reporter obviously he had no idea he was about to get cut. This is a planned event from the club though lol. It would be waaaaaayyy worse.

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
Brandt is cheap and american. I'd be really surprised if he was cut. I think Nemec is gone, wasn't even on bench in last game. Alvarez is a good guess. Brovsky is making a lot of money for the saem production they get from Allen. I think he is a likely candidate.

Reactions: gbservis
What about Josh Williams? Hasn't played in months and had that scary medical situation that was life threatening. Is he coming back?
That's a good question. I have no idea.

Nemec could be a goner, particularly since I have heard that "Nemec" is Slovakian for "no more".

Reactions: Kjbert
Based on the amount Brovsky plays its hard to imagine him being cut but with another LB and RB on the way and Calle back from injury its certainly possible. I would assume both Brandt and Allen are on much cheaper deals.