Mls Player Waiver Deadline - Wed, June 30

Brandt isn't going anywhere. Cutting him is pointless. Anyone getting cut is 1-20 on non-guaranteed contract. This way it frees up cap. The guys 20-28 do not affect cap space. Plus I think Brandt has a future to develop with us. Loaning him out for the entire season next year is a possibility as well as Shelton. Let them get a season worth of first team minutes.
By cutting him all you do is free up a spot for someone making less than your 20th player. Chances are we are bringing people in making top 20 and thus need to cut salary.

We've had some great form on both halves of the field. I don't think we're as far away as many would make it seem. We've seen our team dominate and get dominated. We just need consistency and focus.
who have we dominated? Montreal? one of the worst teams in the league?

Brandt is cheap and american. I'd be really surprised if he was cut. I think Nemec is gone, wasn't even on bench in last game. Alvarez is a good guess. Brovsky is making a lot of money for the saem production they get from Allen. I think he is a likely candidate.

RJ has done more for this team than Jeb has.His work rate is far superior as of late

RJ has done more for this team than Jeb has.His work rate is far superior as of late
Our lb/rb deficiencies are a result of our midfield inability to control the ball. So we keep getting the ball taken away and then killed on counter attacks which expose our gaps in midfield. Players literally move as they please and don't hold the shape so you have your LB tucked in and the wings exposed and a simple through ball puts them in on a 1v1 or completely open and cross in our box.
All game every game. No discipline in our midfield. I think the only way to stop this is to stop playing the diamond. Our backs literally get no help at all. All they can do is stand there and hope to make a good challenge or contain the attacker as they rush at them full speed.

Reactions: gbservis
Our lb/rb deficiencies are a result of our midfield inability to control the ball. So we keep getting the ball taken away and then killed on counter attacks which expose our gaps in midfield. Players literally move as they please and don't hold the shape so you have your LB tucked in and the wings exposed and a simple through ball puts them in on a 1v1 or completely open and cross in our box.
All game every game. No discipline in our midfield. I think the only way to stop this is to stop playing the diamond. Our backs literally get no help at all. All they can do is stand there and hope to make a good challenge or contain the attacker as they rush at them full speed.
What formation solves the problems of not covering the defense? Isn't the very idea of a diamond 4-4-2 is that you have a CDM cover for defense? Or are we back to AJ can't be the CDM (agree BTW)?

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
The only games you see less of this is when Mix plays CDM. Then we complain that he's playing CDM. But he does a lot to track back and persue/help. That didn't happen against the redbulls and we got torched all game and Kreis did nothing tactically to stop it.
Well having Lamps and Pirlo in front of Mix will solve a lot of the complaining. Just worried about those two gasing out.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
What formation solves the problems of not covering the defense? Isn't the very idea of a diamond 4-4-2 is that you have a CDM cover for defense? Or are we back to AJ can't be the CDM (agree BTW)?
If playing AJ then no he can't.
Mix is the only one on our roster right now that can play that position and be successful with our current lineup.
Honestly, what has this formation done for us? We don't use it for what it's meant for. It's an attacking formation susceptible to counter attack. So far the only truth in our case has been that it's susceptible to counter attacks.
Our full backs hardly ever push up because we fear that the ball will be given away and we're wide open (truth to that) our midfield is stagnant and there's no fluidity at all. Players dribble to the line and sit there waiting for help. Against the redbulls we didn't even use our CDM. We just booted the ball into their half for the majority of the game.
So the idea of playing this formation is absurd to me as our players simply can't seem to understand their roles in it.

Not to mention having Pirlo and Lampard getting the ball to Villa is going to make Villa's life a lot easier to score.

You could say the same about Nemec,
If playing AJ then no he can't.
Mix is the only one on our roster right now that can play that position and be successful with our current lineup.
Honestly, what has this formation done for us? We don't use it for what it's meant for. It's an attacking formation susceptible to counter attack. So far the only truth in our case has been that it's susceptible to counter attacks.
Our full backs hardly ever push up because we fear that the ball will be given away and we're wide open (truth to that) our midfield is stagnant and there's no fluidity at all. Players dribble to the line and sit there waiting for help. Against the redbulls we didn't even use our CDM. We just booted the ball into their half for the majority of the game.
So the idea of playing this formation is absurd to me as our players simply can't seem to understand their roles in it.

I agree. Jacobson is like an antivirus software company flooding the internet with viruses to boost sales. Half the reason we need AJ in front of the back line is because AJ can't distribute the ball through midfield and gives it away constantly.

The only games you see less of this is when Mix plays CDM. Then we complain that he's playing CDM. But he does a lot to track back and persue/help. That didn't happen against the redbulls and we got torched all game and Kreis did nothing tactically to stop it.

this is very true.

Brandt isn't going anywhere. Cutting him is pointless. Anyone getting cut is 1-20 on non-guaranteed contract. This way it frees up cap. The guys 20-28 do not affect cap space. Plus I think Brandt has a future to develop with us. Loaning him out for the entire season next year is a possibility as well as Shelton. Let them get a season worth of first team minutes.
By cutting him all you do is free up a spot for someone making less than your 20th player. Chances are we are bringing people in making top 20 and thus need to cut salary.

Why did we get rid of Dunn then

Against the Red Bulls, Jacobson did not stay home. He played more forward than he has in any game this year. Nobody was playing DM. Terrible tactics or execution.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
who have we dominated? Montreal? one of the worst teams in the league?
Montreal and Toronto. Montreal is a good win. They still have a bunch of games in hand, and would probably be a playoff team had they played as many as games we have. They're who we should be beating if we want to play past October.