MLS Week 28 - 2019

I think Philadelphia might actually be better than Atlanta this year. Which is saying I don't think the current standings are a fluke. To be fair, Atlanta did play a lot of extra matches and win a couple of tournaments, but still, the Union are not ahead of them by accident.
I think the Union are simply very well organized. Talent wise, Atlanta is better, but talent alone doesn't win championships. I think the Union are more likely to win it all.

We've done a great job at navigating the compressed schedule we've had over the back half of the season. We only have one more mid-week game and that is home against Atlanta after being at Dallas, and then going to Philly afterwards.

While Atlanta still does have a fairly easy schedule coming up, they are at Cincy this Wednesday after being at home yesterday, then back home for SJ on Saturday, then at NYC on another Wednesday, and then at the following Sunday. They have winnable games, but again, very compressed schedule.

We do play at NE after having a midweek game, but the Revs also have a midweek game that week, on the Pacific Coast at Portland.

last night's results were great. tonight i'll be rooting for the LAG. i need some zlatan in the post season.

Comical that they’re not reviewing the 2nd goal (not awarded to) DC United.

it truly is. i think this off season, the clubs need to band together and demand better refs. clubs are doing all they can to improve the league and the league is just falling short with the refs. how can you not call for a review for that goal? it's not even a question of not having the best angle to make the call cause we have a goal post cam!

Red bulls are losing, which is always nice to see.

Shocking to see portland go down. but i think they play better away from home to be honest. so it may work to their advantage, as long as they still stay above the playoff line.

How does this league not have goal-line technology? Embarrassing. Every major league in the world should have it.

Red Bull drop their third in a row and are in some danger of missing the playoffs (except Montreal is so incompetent they probably won’t catch them). You hate to see it.

Red Bull drop their third in a row and are in some danger of missing the playoffs (except Montreal is so incompetent they probably won’t catch them). You hate to see it.

Look who is chasing RBNJ. Montreal, “Orlannndoooooo”, Chicago...doesn’t really inspire any confidence to go on a run and knock them out of the playoffs.

However, RBNJ could easily finish in the seven seed which means they would play the 2 seed, which could be Atlanta/Philly or (gulp) NYCFC.

From Supporters Shield to playoff standing mediocrity...... Still a mid-table team, but moving in reverse since Marsch left.

it is sickening the lack of consistency with PRO refs. There seems to be no accountability and no DESIRE to improve. I feel like since the introduction of VAR, refs have gotten even worse cause they think they can ismply rely on VAR to do the job for them.

Not a single game goes by without tons of ref criticism after the game and not just cause losing fans being unhappy but even winning fans criticizing how poor the refs are. refs decisions should not be talking points for every single game. MLS needs to take notice and do something about this or we're never going to become a top league.

Reactions: hatt91
it is sickening the lack of consistency with PRO refs. There seems to be no accountability and no DESIRE to improve. I feel like since the introduction of VAR, refs have gotten even worse cause they think they can ismply rely on VAR to do the job for them.

Not a single game goes by without tons of ref criticism after the game and not just cause losing fans being unhappy but even winning fans criticizing how poor the refs are. refs decisions should not be talking points for every single game. MLS needs to take notice and do something about this or we're never going to become a top league.

The league is getting better and the refs haven't kept pace. MLS needs to figure out if there's any way they can recruit refs from some leagues in Europe, because it just isn't good enough for this league.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
The league is getting better and the refs haven't kept pace. MLS needs to figure out if there's any way they can recruit refs from some leagues in Europe, because it just isn't good enough for this league.

I don't know the specifics, but i'm sure MLS has some kind of contract with PRO to be exclusive refs for MLS. MLS needs to put pressure on PRO to up their game and clubs/fans need to put pressure on MLS to do that.

Aren't the players union supposed to do some negotiations coming this off season? Better refs should be part of those negotiations.

Designated Officials.

Not even joking.

if only that were possible. I would love to see what kind of training these PRO refs get. EPL refs go through some pretty rigorous training and simulations. I really doubt PRO refs do anything similar. I feel like they are on the level of rec league refs who just ref games as a side gig.