MLS Week 33 - DECISION DAY - 2017

Gotham Gator

Registered
Donor
Feb 9, 2015
Bronxville, NY
Decision Day is nearly upon us.

In the East, the 1st and 6th seeds are set, but the 2-5 seeds are up for grabs.

In the West, it's all up for grabs, with 8 teams fighting for 6 playoff spots and all those teams able to change their current spot.

ESPN will be doing flip around coverage. ESPN Deportes will be showing Chicago at Houston. No game will be nationally broadcast in its entirety in English.

Here are the games and the tables.

IMG_0287.PNG
Table 1.png
table 2.png

Last edited:
NYCFC could have locked up the 2seed easily over the last 10games.... but hasn’t.... we’re witnessing Kreis-level ineptitude with the current results.... albeit were also fighting against a very real conspiracy by the Pro Refs, but this is a huge mark against the team in regard to decisions and leadership.

If they don’t win Sunday, then Vieira’s entire 2017 campaign is functionally no better than Kreis’ but he’s had far better resources to work with.

NYCFC could have locked up the 2seed easily over the last 10games.... but hasn’t.... we’re witnessing Kreis-level ineptitude with the current results.... albeit were also fighting against a very real conspiracy by the Pro Refs, but this is a huge mark against the team in regard to decisions and leadership.

If they don’t win Sunday, then Vieira’s entire 2017 campaign is functionally no better than Kreis’ but he’s had far better resources to work with.

All true, but for most of that, we had a shell of a lineup. No excuses on Sunday.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
This Sunday game will be the 3.5th time we will have been able to start and play the preferred NYCFC lineup.

Reactions: adam
This Sunday game will be the 3.5th time we will have been able to start and play the preferred NYCFC lineup.
Key part of your sentence. We know we will see TMac, Pirlo, Sweat start and Khiry off the bench.

Looking at the Wooden Spoon...

- DC vs. RB
- DAL vs. LA
- SEA vs. COL

I think Dallas and Seattle win their match and think DC gets it done in their final RFK game. That would leave the LA Galaxy as the worst team in MLS in 2017 and the SuperDraft order would be LAFC, LAG. Wow.

Looking at the Wooden Spoon...

- DC vs. RB
- DAL vs. LA
- SEA vs. COL

I think Dallas and Seattle win their match and think DC gets it done in their final RFK game. That would leave the LA Galaxy as the worst team in MLS in 2017 and the SuperDraft order would be LAFC, LAG. Wow.

Do we know why it is called the wooden spoon?

Do we know why it is called the wooden spoon?

According to wikipedia.

The wooden spoon was presented originally at the University of Cambridge as a kind of booby prize awarded by the students to the man who achieved the lowest exam marks but still earned a third-class degree (a junior optime) in the Mathematical Tripos. The term "wooden spoon" or simply "the spoon" was also applied to the recipient,[3] and the prize became quite notorious. Started in 1803 and went through to 1909.

It then moved into Rugby parlance and we have used this term in Australia for our sporting competitions for a long time.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
The Orlando players sure went above and beyond to show the league that they quit on Kries going out by loosing 6-1 to Philadelphia. As USMNT fans I think we all owe them one for making clear that guy should be no where near the national team.

The Orlando players sure went above and beyond to show the league that they quit on Kries going out by loosing 6-1 to Philadelphia. As USMNT fans I think we all owe them one for making clear that guy should be no where near the national team.
I’m sure Kreis is going to want to clean house this offseason, but he has only so much flexibility to eject players, so he’ll still have half a roster that has already tuned him out before the first match kicks off. His managerial career is just about over. A bitter sweet proposition since I dispise him for hamstringing us with shitty roster moves, but I also wish unending crappiness on Orlando and he’s perfect to kill their hopes/dreams.

The recycling of mls coaches needs to end, if MLS is to improve
Its unbelievable that LAG is sticking with Sigi Schmidt after his results last year and this year.