ESPN+/MLS Live Thread

Yeah, ESPN+ has been great for soccer content since they basically snapped up everything you could want which wasn't the EPL, the Bundesliga or La Liga. I'm already paying for ESPN+ and Hulu, so this Disney+ bundle will be pretty much a no-brainer for me.

And I think they're set to own the rights to Bundesliga at the start of the 20-21 season.

TIL that ESPN+ apparently is not available in Canada. I say apparently because they don't actually tell you that. You just go to the available content to watch and it is blank.

Last edited:
The Amex Platinum card has a $20 monthly streaming credit that is limited to a pretty small set of providers. They just very quietly added Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu to the options for the Platinum streaming credit. Any of them separately or the bundle qualify.

I'm not recommending the Platinum by the way. It has a huge annual fee and a set of benefits and credits that may or may not make sense for you. But if you already have it, this might make the streaming benefit much more useful. Peacock is also one of the services on the list, but I don't watch much Premier League.

Thanks for the good advice. I've looked into the Platinum Card a few times but it has never made financial sense given the benefits. Maybe I will go back and look again.

I have a friend who is a great guy but a little status obsessed. Back in the day, he was quite proud of his Platinum Amex. Then, one day he show up to lunch with the new Amex Black Card. I asked him what you get with the Black Card. He said "You get the Black Card."

• Haha
Reactions: danger and moogoo
Thanks for the good advice. I've looked into the Platinum Card a few times but it has never made financial sense given the benefits. Maybe I will go back and look again.

I have a friend who is a great guy but a little status obsessed. Back in the day, he was quite proud of his Platinum Amex. Then, one day he show up to lunch with the new Amex Black Card. I asked him what you get with the Black Card. He said "You get the Black Card."
I answered in the credit card/miles, etc thread.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
The Amex Platinum card has a $20 monthly streaming credit that is limited to a pretty small set of providers. They just very quietly added Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu to the options for the Platinum streaming credit. Any of them separately or the bundle qualify.

I'm not recommending the Platinum by the way. It has a huge annual fee and a set of benefits and credits that may or may not make sense for you. But if you already have it, this might make the streaming benefit much more useful. Peacock is also one of the services on the list, but I don't watch much Premier League.
Excellent. Thanks!

It really only makes sense if you travel a lot. If so, the access to Lounges alone.

It seems uniquely beneficial to US domestic soccer fans, because the ESPN+ content is relatively spare, but if you watch MLS and the USOC it is quite beneficial.
Well MLS is now on Apple TV and the US Open Cup is now with Turner.