Montreal (Home) - Postmatch

Boos are cool but I want loud audible Domè Out chants so there's no confusion about what we're pissed about. I mean there's like 10 other things but the priority for me is getting him out.

Reactions: Kjbert and Revfugee
Have to look at the lines on the field and where the players feet are. Isi is a brown striation closer toward goal.
I was surprised that the linesman flagged it / referee called it offside on the field, versus waiting for VA to R it after allowing the goal. It was my impression that referees were advised to let marginal offsides go so that they could fall back to VAR in the event of a goal being scored, since offside calls are not reviewable.

Last edited:
Did anyone watch Torrent's postgame presser? I have tried 3 times and can't get more than a few seconds into his first answer before I can't take it anymore.
I'm not even asking for a summary. I'm really just wondering if anybody got through it.
No. It was miserable. Just answer in your primary language and let the translator translate it for us. Otherwise, everything he says is just random strings of words that provide nothing to us.

No. It was miserable. Just answer in your primary language and let the translator translate it for us. Otherwise, everything he says is just random strings of words that provide nothing to us.

Let's offer confusing ungrammatical answers to the confused fanbase of a confused team.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Let's offer confusing ungrammatical answers to the confused fanbase of a confused team.
This is a point worth making. I have a theory that Dome actually isn't a complete moron. Contrary, he might actually be a pretty smart football guy. His major problem is he cannot communicate what he wants to the players in a way they are able to understand it.

There's no way he's actually as clueless as the team plays. Just having a job in football this long makes "Dome is stupid" a difficult premise for me. It's way more likely, imo, that he's just a horrendous communicator.

This is a point worth making. I have a theory that Dome actually isn't a complete moron. Contrary, he might actually be a pretty smart football guy. His major problem is he cannot communicate what he wants to the players in a way they are able to understand it.

There's no way he's actually as clueless as the team plays. Just having a job in football this long makes "Dome is stupid" a difficult premise for me. It's way more likely, imo, that he's just a horrendous communicator.
I agree. I would never argue with the premise that he has a brilliant soccer mind. I would argue that he's a terrible communicator for various reasons. The first may simply be language. It could also be a lack of the leadership skills necessary to communicate effectively. I believe that a big part of it is that he can't grasp that you need to modify both tactics and delivery when you are a chess master teaching basic strategy to checkers players. He also strikes me as somewhat of a soccer snob, unable to grasp that he would have to dumb things down for tier down players in MLS. Any one of these flaws alone is fatal.

I am wondering if language is an issue - as we’ve all heard, Dome is not an advanced English speaker - at least I get this impression when listening to him that he can’t really express what he wants to say.

If this is the case, then let him conduct interviews in Spanish and use a translator. Worse, if I can’t understand him that well, what about the players trying to pick up tactical nuances when they can’t understand him?

I’m with Midas that I don’t think the guy is slow, just that it appears that way because of a struggle with the language. If so just use a translator because we can’t have the team not understand. They play football like Dome speaks: slow and uncoordinated.

I am wondering if language is an issue - as we’ve all heard, Dome is not an advanced English speaker - at least I get this impression when listening to him that he can’t really express what he wants to say.

If this is the case, then let him conduct interviews in Spanish and use a translator. Worse, if I can’t understand him that well, what about the players trying to pick up tactical nuances when they can’t understand him?

I’m with Midas that I don’t think the guy is slow, just that it appears that way because of a struggle with the language. If so just use a translator because we can’t have the team not understand. They play football like Dome speaks: slow and uncoordinated.
Tata Martino found a way...just sayin'.