More News About Lampard, Also Talk Of Nycfc Using Mcfc Training Facilities.

I think they train at the Mothership, play a couple of scrimmages then finish the training camp in the states.

Realistically, it's not that cold in the UK during winter. It's actually becoming more of a rare event for it even to snow at any point during the year (when it does snow, we barely get an inch), and most days the temperature during the day will be above 0 Celsius (32F). It's cold, sure, but not really that cold. Thanks to the Gulf Stream keeping us in temperate climes all-year-round, it's probably warmer in the UK than it is in NYC for the first three months of the year.
Yeah, England is like North Carolina in the winter....

Definitely colder in New York in winter.

So is it correct that EVERY team in MLS trains in tropical climates pre season as this article presumably implies?

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/media/2014/10/8555306/nycfc-has-premier-league-problem

Eiether that or its outright ignorance since NY is hardly tropical and has more rainfall than London. As if the weather should be an issue anyway.

Once again why pick NYC if there aren't major intentions. The owners could have chosen anywhere with less pressure. The biggest insult is to Kreis who presumably must be an idiot to this author and other detractors for being "tricked" into joining with false promises.

Anyway lets not turn this into a relentless "bash the media" forum like some that have countless threads whining about journalists and pundits. Making a point now and then is enough.
Every team? I don't know. I would say around 90% of them go south though. From Southern California, to Arizona, Texas, Florida, Carolinas, some even head to Mexico or Greece.
Yeah, England is like North Carolina in the winter....

Definitely colder in New York in winter.
Umm no, North Carolina is significantly warmer in the winter than England. But yes NY is colder than both.

"All I can say is how much I'm enjoying it at City," he told the club web site. "I'm contracted here until the end of December, and my future will be at New York City at some stage."
Not exactly convincing.

"All I can say is how much I'm enjoying it at City," he told the club web site. "I'm contracted here until the end of December, and my future will be at New York City at some stage."
Not exactly convincing.

No I don't have a good feeling about this. I just hope they're able to land some good mid field depth during the January transfer.

If he isn't coming until summer then maybe MC can pay him and NYCFC only takes a cap hit for 1/2 a season.

Reactions: Kjbert
If he doesn't come here, Jason Kreis should re-think his decision to leave RSL. That would be Mickey Mouse and a poor decision by CFG. I understand Man City is the mother ship but you don't go into Year 1 of a Franchise and pull Mickey Mouse cr*p like this.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
NYC has confirmed he is coming in Jan. His agent has confirmed he is coming in Jan. Frank is saying all the right things about loving his time there. There is a 0% chance he is not with us from day 1. He is under contract with MLS. The manager at city can dream all he wants and the tabloids in England can stir it up all they want. You guys are getting worked up for nothing.

Just saw this same new in the other Lampard thread. Mods you can delete if it helps.

Yaya Toure will be at the African Cup until Feb 8. Lampard can play for MCFC till then (including one last game at Chelsea on 1/31) and not miss any time with NYCFC. If that's what Frank wants to do, he'll do it.
Not necessarily,
1. AfCON may be postponed due to Ebola crisis
2. Ivory Coast look like they may not qualify
3. If they do, he'd have to get to the final to not be back by Feb 8.

I agree in principle though, if Yaya goes then Lampard will stay until he returns, but certainly not until the end of the season.

Reactions: Kinkladze
I just stopped by SUNY Purchase where the practice field is being built. the company building it is Land Tek.
They did the fields at Metlife, Citi Field and RB arena, as well as most colleges and high schools in the metro area so the team went with the best. The guy I spoke with said the sod is to be put down in the first week of December. as far as he knows the team will start to practice on it in March so the early training will be someplace else. makes sense since the ground would be frozen till then anyway. No plans for a bubble
IMG_20141105_094619_197.jpg