N Y C 12 (former N Y C Ultras)

Paul

NYC ain't nothin' to fuck with!
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 1, 2014
NYC
I discovered a new twitter account today called "NYC Ultras" but the account has only tweeted once and that was their logo (which is pretty solid). Does anyone know anything about this new supporters group? Any information would be appreciated.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYCultras

I'm not really into the whole "Ultras" thing but damn if that isn't a sharp logo. I'm interested in seeing what develops but I wouldn't be surprised if it just suspiciously disappears like most of the up-and-coming supporters groups.

i think its some ticket reps or someone internal trying to hype up the club by creating ultras. watch, these ultras are gonna promote the club od

i think its some ticket reps or someone internal trying to hype up the club by creating ultras. watch, these ultras are gonna promote the club od

What makes you think that? Is there any evidence backing that up? I'm genuinely curious about this Twitter account/supporters group.

Reactions: einwindir
What makes you think that? Is there any evidence backing that up? I'm genuinely curious about this Twitter account/supporters group.
1) club pisses off people for making jersey not ny enough. 2)day after, new group emerges with city flag as logo. 3)the club wants ultras just like EVERY other team jn the mls. 4)the logo is crisp, not amateur, must be club designed.

Its the club saying "we're ny, look see? We have ultras str8 outta ny, we have the flag as the logo"

Reactions: einwindir
^Honestly if you'd sit back and take a look at what you just said you'd realize how little sense it makes.
You're suggesting that the club plans on hiring people to go to games as ultras and so on. Otherwise making a Twitter account with a handful of followers will accomplish nothing unless there are REAL people to act out the idea of an ultras group.

image.jpg

I love it. Now I need to find out who they are haha

^Honestly if you'd sit back and take a look at what you just said you'd realize how little sense it makes.
You're suggesting that the club plans on hiring people to go to games as ultras and so on. Otherwise making a Twitter account with a handful of followers will accomplish nothing unless there are REAL people to act out the idea of an ultras group.
Nono. They just make a twitter account and soon people will just follow. No one hires anyone unless they higher cappos (probly)

Nono. They just make a twitter account and soon people will just follow. No one hires anyone unless they higher cappos (probly)
Right but there has to be someone there from the start. You can just have 5 guys say they want to join in and take over. Someone still needs to continue to do the designs (shirts/scarf/etc) and obviously if there is no one there to claim ownership of the group it would come off fishy.

Last edited:
Strange that claims of astroturfing are getting thrown around all of a sudden. Someone on reddit was questioning why the Third Rail logo was designed by NYCFC's in-house graphic designer, Scouse with this bit, someone else was talking about possible shill accounts on here.

Not saying I'm buying it without a lot more evidence, but maybe the club stepped in it with those fake flags at the event. Got people all suspicious now.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
:eek::eek::eek: Shill accounts?!
I actually invited their ticket reps here and they made it very clear to me that the forums are off limits. Not like in a bad way but they didn't want to impede progress or interfere with the development of the forums or take the attention away from what we're doing.

Exactly; I may be interested in joining this group if I could find out what they're all about.

I tweeted at them but I never got a response so I guess I'll just have to wait and see