New York Belongs To Me

KevinL

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Jul 8, 2014
Hey all,

Relatively new to this forum, but I wanted to suggest a song/chant. It's called 'New York Belongs to Me' It's a take on the cock sparrer song 'England Belongs to Me' by Roger Miret and the Disasters:

New York belongs to me
A city's pride the dirty water on the Hudson river
No one can take away the memory
Oh Oh, New York belongs to me

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!!
IDEA! You think you'd be able to throw together a graphic??

"NEW YORK BELONGS TO US" in large lettering above The Third Rail lettering as seen below
ThirdRail_Final_Wordmark_ForSite.png

You can throw it on a scarf: One side is just "NEW YORK BELONGS TO US" - other side is The Third Rail New York City.

Have a banner made up that we can hang in front of the SS that could be semi-permanent. AND bring it with us to RBA when we stake our claim in the City (or Cityzens) Settlement.

Just some ideas. I'd try to put something together but I'm on mobile atm.

Lyrics:
Years of being told you ain't as good as us
Join the line and sign your name
And they said that our city's going bust
But no-one's fooling us again

[Chorus]
New York belongs to me
A city's pride the dirty water on the Hudson river
No one can take away the memory
Oh Oh, New York belongs to me

We'll show the world that the boys are back to stay
And you all know what we can do
Heads held high, fighting all the way
For the red, white, and blue

as suggested above. change the ME's to 'us'
and I would change the last line to: Orange, White and Blue

wouldn't dirty water IN the hudson river make sense idk how dirty water can be on the hudson lol

Glad a lot of people like my suggestion. It struck me as a real awesome song for the team and I was thinking of it even before I knew this forum existed. I keep getting de ja vu from this posting; possible sign of good things to come? I hope so!

Edit: By the way, yes its supposed to be 'in the hudson river'. If you listen to the actual song carefully (I know Miret's voice is rough) you can sort of tell. My guess is whoever put the lyrics on the website simply transcribed them by ear.

Reactions: Buckley