Nick Cushing Named Interim Head Coach (July '22) / Head Coach (November '22)

What Are Your Thoughts on Cushing as NYCFC Head Coach?

• Quite Really Pleased

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Really Pleased

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pleased

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Neither Pleased or Displeased

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Displeased

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Really Displeased

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Quite Really Displeased

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
HRB: Last year, this team, it didn't meet expectations when you didn't make the playoffs. This year, the team are exceeding all expectations — this is one of the strongest first halves to the season that the club has ever had their history. What are the key factors behind this drastic of a turnaround year over year?

Ok, there have been a few things this week that have been nice in a we've come so far since the beginning of the season sense. Doyle's A- in the midseason rankings, things that have been said on the forum that I can't recall of the top of my head, etc. But this claim is begging for the mgarbowski mgarbowski treatment.

HRB: Last year, this team, it didn't meet expectations when you didn't make the playoffs. This year, the team are exceeding all expectations — this is one of the strongest first halves to the season that the club has ever had their history. What are the key factors behind this drastic of a turnaround year over year?

Ok, there have been a few things this week that have been nice in a we've come so far since the beginning of the season sense. Doyle's A- in the midseason rankings, things that have been said on the forum that I can't recall of the top of my head, etc. But this claim is begging for the mgarbowski mgarbowski treatment.

Short answer is 29 points in 16 games is equal to 2019, 2 points back of 2018, and ahead of everyone else. I'm planning a half-season post after Friday that goes into some of the underlying data.

They've certainly exceeded my expectations. I never thought they'd be this good or this far up the table; especially in light of the fact we don't have a savage at the #9 spot.

Perhaps Maxi's return can elevate everyones game. At least IMHO Martinez has earned the starting spot. Let Bakrar and Tubby take it from him.

Reactions: Shwafta and moogoo
Short answer is 29 points in 16 games is equal to 2019, 2 points back of 2018, and ahead of everyone else. I'm planning a half-season post after Friday that goes into some of the underlying data.
I knew you'd know. ;)

I'm having trouble phrasing this in a way that makes sense, but unless I messed something up, NYCFC's cumulative points through 16 games in 2018 through was its highest ever in all but one match day. There were two ties.

2024 had five of our lower-ever cumulative points per match. Four of those were ties with other seasons.

Reactions: mgarbowski