Nickname?

Status
Not open for further replies.
City is the best choice I've heard, but
Blue Devil
The Pent(agons)
Blue Pents
Blue stripes

I guess we could now cue all the rejects from supporters group naming process here, and see what could possibly stick. However, normally organic team nicknames rather evolve from funny headlines or some remarks at press conferences or, more web 2.0, from some memes on social media. Argh whatever, I'll still beat my drum for the Kings Of The Jungle. ;)

No
I guess we could now cue all the rejects from supporters group naming process here, and see what could possibly stick. However, normally organic team nicknames rather evolve from funny headlines or some remarks at press conferences or, more web 2.0, from some memes on social media. Argh whatever, I'll still beat my drum for the Kings Of The Jungle. ;)
drums remember ;p

Reactions: Capt.Tsubasa
I have always called it simply The Football Club.

NYCFC - Blue Bombers (reference to the wartime American / English Links)

Well, the Yankees are called the BRONX BOMBERS, so that "might" work.

NYCFC - the Nine Eleveners - Supporters with replica shirts could honour that date with the number 911 on the back

That's a very touchy subject (especially in the NY/NJ/CT tri-state area) and might just be considered in bad taste just like we'd never do something similar like 41ers (for Pearl Harbor).

Reactions: Kevin and einwindir
please no to all of these lol lets just stick with NYC or City they don't need a tacky cliché nickname

A lot of the nicknames we see nowadays from sports teams from all around the world were created decades ago by people with different tastes and sensibilities than we do now. I think the idea is a bit dated and (if I can borrow a word and theme I've seen around the boards a while back) if we get any nickname I think it should be... organic... ughhhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.