Nyc Fc Drops The Ball On Authentic Jerseys

Tim Sanchez

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 20, 2015
NYC
Its harder and harder to obtain an Away Authentic Jersey in ss (i mean who really wants the sky blue, we are NYC and we want NYC colors)...

But great news, there are now plenty of scarves available at the stadium...

Its harder and harder to obtain an Away Authentic Jersey in ss (i mean who really wants the sky blue, we are NYC and we want NYC colors)...

But great news, there are now plenty of scarves available at the stadium...

The stadium is your best shot. I spent 2 straight weeks tracking down the away jersey. I only found large or xl authentic away jerseys at the 119 store in the stadium. I had to get a children's XL away jersey bc there weren't any authentic smalls anywhere. I contacted all Adidas stores in Manhattan & nothing. I contacted the largest Adidas store in NJ & they said they were getting jerseys (most likely home) in June. The stadium stores seem to be the only location getting restocked quickly.

You also pay above retail in stadium so there's that.
With the 10% discount, id take it, but i haven't had any luck. Any you already know if your not in as soon as it opens, after about 15 minutes the stores pack out!

I remember when they dropped it at first, i waited and that was a huge mistake (in retrospect) lol

With the 10% discount, id take it, but i haven't had any luck. Any you already know if your not in as soon as it opens, after about 15 minutes the stores pack out!

I remember when they dropped it at first, i waited and that was a huge mistake (in retrospect) lol

DARN! I keep forgetting about that 10% discount on merchandise and food!!!! Grrrrr

Yes. You have to remember that 10% discount, because if you don't the cashiers certainly wont. I always give them my card to apply the discount.

My girlfriend got hers at modells on 34th street for regular price. I paid $110 at YS and didn't know I can use my season card :(

My girlfriend got hers at modells on 34th street for regular price. I paid $110 at YS and didn't know I can use my season card :(
$110 i believe is the replica. Either way, stadium seems to be the only place to find authentic for now.

There is also plenty (or at least another thread) on how bad they suck at selling their jersey's. From both keeping them in stock to the complete cluster $#%#$% that many people have went through on the preorders. If I was to do it again I'd give YS the extra $$ and get my jersey in hand same day.

Soccer.com says they'll have pretty much everything in stock by late July!

DARN! I keep forgetting about that 10% discount on merchandise and food!!!! Grrrrr

Do you get discount if you are STH? In the last 2 games I bought food on the Delta section . Honestly is not that great, its edible, calms your hunger and it looks good to the pupil, but once you chew it,
its not like you want to go for seconds. The fries are dry.Mickeys' D at the corner of the stadium or the food carts outside are better tasting .
one great thing soda is free refill.

Food tooo? I didn't know that.... Ive been jipped! Mmmmm I wonder if beer too

I have been jipped too then!! I never got any discount. Don't know about beer (its $12)

I wanted the white cup with the NYCFC logo as a sourvernir. I asked the the cashier worker if I could get the soda in that cup instead of the blue boring cup. He explained that the white was to serve beer only. I told him I dont like beer and would not mind paying for the cup only. He charged me $12 for the empty white cup. I say WHAAAT! No Thank you, If you have wine or Margaritas, then I won't mind paying for it. Now I have to plot so that I could get that cup. Aww Maybe I should sit by the trash and ask a beer drinking gent to please let me keep their cup...:D

I bought the warm up jersey for 35 dollars. I wear a long sleeve shirt under it and boom, done.

I stopped buying kits a long time ago. Just a money grab every year. Shit, I'm getting cheaper and older.

Plus, the sleeveless kit looks a bit different, which is always a plus.

I bought the warm up jersey for 35 dollars. I wear a long sleeve shirt under it and boom, done.

I stopped buying kits a long time ago. Just a money grab every year. Shit, I'm getting cheaper and older.

Plus, the sleeveless kit looks a bit different, which is always a plus.
Only reason I got the authentic NYCFC from this year is because of course it's their first season and I want to show support. But also because of the cool Inaugural Season "patch" on them. I'm a sucker for things like that.

Only reason I got the authentic NYCFC from this year is because of course it's their first season and I want to show support. But also because of the cool Inaugural Season "patch" on them. I'm a sucker for things like that.

If there was a year to buy a kit, this would be the one, definately.

I may get one myself actually when you put it like that. Collectors items.

If there was a year to buy a kit, this would be the one, definately.

I may get one myself actually when you put it like that. Collectors items.
Yeah, totally agree. I got the black authentic and I'll also get the blue one down the road. Couldn't quite afford them both at once though.

Reactions: Amon
I love my authentic long sleeve black jersey. The sky blue vividly pops against the black base, and the subtle touch of orange on the front and back collar, in addition to the orange on inaugural season patch and MLS badge, adds the extra pizzazz to the entire look. It was an obvious choice over the primary jersey.

Reactions: Amon